What visa for son with Thai mother

If your ex wife is living in the UK, we have to assume you are British. Your son should have 2 passports, 1 British and 1 Thailand.

He leaves UK with his British passport and enters Thailand with his Thai passport. No visa required. Going back he does the reverse, leaving on Thai passport and entering Britain on his British passport. Again no visa required.

I'm half Thai. All children of a Thai citizen are eligeble for Thai citizenship. We're also eligable for O-visa, then he needs to show proof of his connection to Thailand, e g his mother's Thai ID

Please, nobody is "half something". You, as the young man in question have Thai citizenship as well another from the father's country.

And you're are not "eligible", you posses citizenship as a natural and non-removable right by birth.

Edited by paz

I believe that if a child of a Thai national (below 30 Years) applies for a Thai passport and is going to live in Thailand he can be drafted into national service.

Only if he lives outside Thailand or is older then 30 years he can apply for a Thai passport without the risk of being drafted into the army.

As for the extension based of being a child of a Thai national some immigration offices (Phuket for example) are only allowing this if the person is below 18 years.

• Like 1

A person with Thai nationality can apply for a one year extension by showing proof they are Thai. It can be done with any type of entry.

yes they can but some immigration offices (Phuket etc) are only allowing this for persons under the age of 18.

A person with Thai nationality can apply for a one year extension by showing proof they are Thai. It can be done with any type of entry.

yes they can but some immigration offices (Phuket etc) are only allowing this for persons under the age of 18.

Just another case of Phuket not following the written rules. There is certainly no mention of age in clause 2.23 of the police order.

Even the age of 18 is odd. Twenty is the cut off age for other extensions that have one.

Just another case of Phuket not following the written rules. There is certainly no mention of age in clause 2.23 of the police order.

Even the age of 18 is odd. Twenty is the cut off age for other extensions that have one.

We all know that Phuket Immigration are not following the written rules in many occasions.

( i have to admit that i'm not 100% sure if the age 18 or 20! as it was a while ago )

I believe that if a child of a Thai national (below 30 Years) applies for a Thai passport and is going to live in Thailand he can be drafted into national service.

Only if he lives outside Thailand or is older then 30 years he can apply for a Thai passport without the risk of being drafted into the army.

At the same time the person can be exempted on the basis of not speaking Thai.

At the same time the person can be exempted on the basis of not speaking Thai.

That is a good one, i did not know that.

I should have know this 6 months ago. Lol