Cooking Gaz bottles

chercheur888

I know that this seems to be a bad joke, but I have tried in 4 shops in Rawai that sell cooking gaz to get a new full bottle.

All of them refused to exchange my empty green (not dark green) 15 kg bottle.

Last time I had my current bottle delivered to my place, but unfortunately I don't know the phone number of the delivery guy as my former cleaning lady ordered the gaz.

Does anybody know a shop preferably in Rawai that would have the immense out of this world generosity to sell such a rare item as cooking gaz, by accepting my empty green bottle?

I know I could buy another bottle of another color, but I don't fancy too much empty gaz bottles as decoration.

Thank you

There is a place across the road from the Tesco on Viset Road near the circle that seems to fill almost any color bottle. I got an orange bottle refill from them when no one else would do it. But I think the blue green bottles are the only legal ones now as the other colors are old and out of date.

Edited by Jimi007

There is a place across the road from the Tesco on Viset Road near the circle that seems to fill almost any color bottle. I got an orange bottle refill from them when no one else would do it. But I think the blue green bottles are the only legal ones now as the other colors are old and out of date.

They're not there anymore since 1/2 year or so.

I always get my gas in Kata, I go there on an almost daily basis anyway, and find it much easier to get my gas there.

They're not there anymore since 1/2 year or so.

I always get my gas in Kata, I go there on an almost daily basis anyway, and find it much easier to get my gas there.

Yes I know that there is a place in Phuket Town as well for refill. I know that everything is different here and not to be compared to somewhere else. I seem to have seen a place on Viset south bound not far from across the mosque, if someone can confirm, thank you

There is a refill place further north on Chaofa East left side about 500+ meters before the zoo light turn off. Single level building set back from the main road with an up ramp to the shop front, and a down ramp. Have lots of gas appliances out front.

There is a refill place further north on Chaofa East left side about 500+ meters before the zoo light turn off. Single level building set back from the main road with an up ramp to the shop front, and a down ramp. Have lots of gas appliances out front.

Thank you, will try my luck there.

I used to have different colored bottles before, and there was never any problem to change a blue for a dark green or what other color available.

Don't know what the problem seems to be now, but then again, I know where I am and don't waste my time to try to understand.

Thank you, will try my luck there.

I used to have different colored bottles before, and there was never any problem to change a blue for a dark green or what other color available.

Don't know what the problem seems to be now, but then again, I know where I am and don't waste my time to try to understand.

Just a short update. Did not find the place you indicated but have only me to blame. But what I saw, at about the location you mentioned, was a shop with gaz bottles, but he sells only new bottles and does not exchange empty/full. He was very nice and showed me a place on the opposite side of the road. I go there, plenty of gaz bottles there, but only new bottles full at first. Was told that I can not exchange my used bottle for a new bottle, but I could buy a new bottle. When I insisted they asked if I can accept another used bottle, but...............

a different color, which I of course accepted.

Just in case that someone has a used bottle, be aware that they will first try to sell you an additional new bottle and you are allowed to keep your used bottle.

Thailand = Wonderland