Bangkok's Phetkasem Road collapses into itself

webfact

Phetkasem Road collapses into itself (PHOTOS)
By Coconuts Bangkok

road_0.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Several motorists faced a dilemma when they could not go any further or turn back after a sinkhole the width of Phetkasem Road in the Bang Khae just opened out of the blue last night.

Luckily, no accident was reported after the road surface collapsed into a hole about a meter deep at 10pm.

Photos of the hole spread online and being a Thursday night, created a small but feeble meme opportunity.

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2015/07/03/phetkasem-road-collapses-tunnel-photos

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2015-07-03

They have been working on the MRT line for about four years now. Not much progress, but evidently enough to undermine the road.

I made the mistake of deciding to go to Seacon on Sunday. It took 45 minutes to get there from Ratchapruek.

This is Buddha's divine retribution for Bangkok having discovered prostitution exists in Thailand.

This is the start of a collapse in which Bangkok will be eaten by the earth, in a modern day Sodom and Gomorrah scenario that will not end until we all become good buddhists.

Although I feel sure some christian fundamentalists are gonna blame the gays for this.

Damn, that could have been nasty in a car, let alone on a bike ... looks like an extremely well lit area too (not) which doesn't help.

Just imagine speeding down that road on a motorbike, as so many do....you wouldn't have a hope of stopping.

Although I feel sure some christian fundamentalists are gonna blame the gays for this.

That's naive in the extreme. - It is obviously Thaksin's fault. wink.png

It is just Phetkasem trying to sink ahead of the rest of Bangkok. It's a very competitive road.

That's naive in the extreme. - It is obviously Thaksin's fault. wink.png

Yeah, but they should add the charge to Yingluck's trial.

I am always amazed how fast these pictures are made up, thanks for posting them pinkpanther, got a good laugh.

On a serious side, glad no-one was injured,

There are many talented artists here, far outnumbering talented engineers laugh.png

This is Buddha's divine retribution for Bangkok having discovered prostitution exists in Thailand.

This is the start of a collapse in which Bangkok will be eaten by the earth, in a modern day Sodom and Gomorrah scenario that will not end until we all become good buddhists.

You are one sick puppy.

You are one sick puppy.

Are you my doctor?

George is that you?

What have you been holding back?

Is it an STD diagnosis?

Edited by Manbing

OK, this just combines ignorance with offensiveness to a degree I can't stand.

The Buddha is not divine. The Buddha was a man who gained wisdom. Some people treat him as a deity to be worshipped, but he was a man who taught and died at 83 years of age from food poisoning. I'm not going to argue with the people who perform rituals in front of statues of him. The Buddha does not inflict punishment. Suffering is inherent in living. The way to end suffering is to stop being reborn. We know this can be done because the Buddha was a man who did it. We do not have to depend on a capricious god to do it for us. In another sense, suffering comes from ignorance, hatred, and delusion. The way to end suffering is to learn the truth of what is. It's complicated, which is why the easiest way to do it is to live as a buddhist monk. A lot of superstition has become attached to the whole thing, but the Buddha is not a god and he does not punish.

Sodom and Gomorrah were mythological cities in the area we know as Palestine, or Israel. They may have existed and been destroyed by an earthquake. Their story was incorporated in the myth of a thunder god who commanded his followers to massacre the previous inhabitants except for young girls who were to be kept as sex slaves.

I particularly detest fundamentalist christians, and in this lifetime I have been lucky enough to have met maybe a dozen people who actually are Christians,and many dozens more who at least were not fundamentalists.

Sorry if I come across as pompous. Obviously I'm still not very good at practicing the Path.

OK, this just combines ignorance with offensiveness to a degree I can't stand.

The Buddha is not divine. The Buddha was a man who gained wisdom. Some people treat him as a deity to be worshipped, but he was a man who taught and died at 83 years of age from food poisoning. I'm not going to argue with the people who perform rituals in front of statues of him. The Buddha does not inflict punishment. Suffering is inherent in living. The way to end suffering is to stop being reborn. We know this can be done because the Buddha was a man who did it. We do not have to depend on a capricious god to do it for us. In another sense, suffering comes from ignorance, hatred, and delusion. The way to end suffering is to learn the truth of what is. It's complicated, which is why the easiest way to do it is to live as a buddhist monk. A lot of superstition has become attached to the whole thing, but the Buddha is not a god and he does not punish.

Sodom and Gomorrah were mythological cities in the area we know as Palestine, or Israel. They may have existed and been destroyed by an earthquake. Their story was incorporated in the myth of a thunder god who commanded his followers to massacre the previous inhabitants except for young girls who were to be kept as sex slaves.

I particularly detest fundamentalist christians, and in this lifetime I have been lucky enough to have met maybe a dozen people who actually are Christians,and many dozens more who at least were not fundamentalists.

Sorry if I come across as pompous. Obviously I'm still not very good at practicing the Path.

I am pleased you recognise pomposity. Sarcasm on the other hand is clearly a step to far.

Damn, that could have been nasty in a car, let alone on a bike ... looks like an extremely well lit area too (not) which doesn't help.

Just imagine speeding down that road on a motorbike, as so many do....you wouldn't have a hope of stopping.

Highly unlikely you would be speeding anywhere on Phetkasem Road given the volume of traffic that chugs along it!

Scooters can still go around it. What's the problem?

If that happened in a western nanny state, the police would spend no time locking down every road within 10 km so as to prevent any possible injury happening to the pipple ( sarcasm- for the easily offended ).

Edited by thaibeachlovers