Recommend me some cheap hospitals in BKK area !

oMega69

Iam going to stock up my meds . .

So pls recommend me hospitals that not over charged to much . . . government hospitals are okey also ! . . .

Iam going to start from Ramnamkheng area . . . . .

You can certainly get "proper meds" at a pharmacy at a fraction of the price of a hospital. Documentation of course is something else.

While a government hospital would be the least expensive, red tape can be considerable and it might prove hard to get what you want.

I would suggest going to one of these non-profit private hospitals but getting only the documentation needed (and perhaos a small supply) and then buying in bulk at a pharmacy:

Camellian Hosp (Soi Tinglor)

St Louis Hospital (Sathon)

Bangkok Christian Hospital (Silom)

You can certainly get "proper meds" at a pharmacy at a fraction of the price of a hospital. Documentation of course is something else.

While a government hospital would be the least expensive, red tape can be considerable and it might prove hard to get what you want.

I would suggest going to one of these non-profit private hospitals but getting only the documentation needed and then buying meds at a pharmacy:

St Louis Hospital (Stahon)

Bangkok Chrisitian Hospital (Silom)

Okey great i will try that . . .

Get a prescription from a doctor, and then just go to a cheap pharmacy. Keep your prescription

do not use/turn it in to the pharmacist. thumbsup.gif

well i dont think they will sell me : xanax + valium at pharmacy even with a prescription ? : i have plenty of prescriptions . . if so .. what pharmacy to go to in BKK area ? . . . . . . . . .

Indeed, for xanax and valium you can only get at a hospital and you will find they will not dispense a large quantity at once. Not more than a one month supply, if that.

You might also face some significant issues with customs at both Thai and arrival end travelling with a large supply, prescription and doctor note notwithstanding.

Why not get a month supply here in Thailand and then go and get when in the country you are moving too?.

Iam allowed 3 month supply from none EU to EU country. . .

In Sweden were im from i have not free medical care and its bloody expensive . . will just be there 3 month holiday...... USA next..... " Florida " :D

Indeed, for xanax and valium you can only get at a hospital and you will find they will not dispense a large quantity at once. Not more than a one month supply, if that.

You might also face some significant issues with customs at both Thai and arrival end travelling with a large supply, prescription and doctor note notwithstanding.

yah most be new regulations . . . before allways get 90mg of Xanax for 1 month . . . no only get 15mg . . .Government std i guess . . i know the private ones can get 180mg per month . . . but thats expensive . . . but i still need 3 month supply so cant do anything ells.

I assume you mean tablets not mg?

Even though the country you are going to allows import of 3 month supply for personal use you could still have problems departing Thailand with that amount if it is detected.

I would suggest going to one of these non-profit private hospitals but getting only the documentation needed and then buying meds at a pharmacy:

St Louis Hospital (Stahon)

Bangkok Chrisitian Hospital (Silom)

Okey great i will try that . . .

Go to a Chinese wholesale pharmacy. Prices are about 1/2 to 2/3 of other pharmacies

Gamini, note the actual meds the OP is seeking, and Sheryl's advice above about their availability...

I assume you mean tablets not mg?

Even though the country you are going to allows import of 3 month supply for personal use you could still have problems departing Thailand with that amount if it is detected.

Really. . . Thai Customs have regulations how many can take out of TH ? . . . never heard of that . . . , and yes i was talk about MG . . . . . Iam allowed in to EU with 270mg Alprazolam and 2700mg Diazepam . . . " 3 month supply " if have prescription from Hospital . . . . as my address in register in Thailand now EU . . . . so i travel from None-EU to EU country . . .

Edited by oMega69

Go to a Chinese wholesale pharmacy. Prices are about 1/2 to 2/3 of other pharmacies

Wonder why some days your sugars are in range and other days they're not? Be real cautious with this approach. The brother-in-law works for a major pharmaceutical company and they recently audited their manufacturing in China finding both the impurities and active ingredients in any given tablet could be an order-of-magnitude out of spec: that 10mg pill you're taking could have 1mg or 100mg!

OP, if you can only get a 30 days supply, maybe try getting 3 different suppliers?

Edited by DirtyDan

Really. . . Thai Customs have regulations how many can take out of TH ? . . . never heard of that . . . , and yes i was talk about MG . . . . . Iam allowed in to EU with 270mg Alprazolam and 2700mg Diazepam . . . " 3 month supply " if have prescription from Hospital . . . . as my address in register in Thailand now EU . . . . so i travel from None-EU to EU country . . .

Indeed they do. By law you can only take out a 30 day supply. See http://narcotic.fda.moph.go.th/faq/upload/guidance%20for%20travelers%20version%204.doc._e1a4.pdf page 5

Indeed they do. By law you can only take out a 30 day supply. See http://narcotic.fda.moph.go.th/faq/upload/guidance%20for%20travelers%20version%204.doc._e1a4.pdf page 5

Oh isee ^^ abit of gambling then . . . .