Carabao wins sponsorship deal with Reading FC

Lite Beer

Carabao wins sponsorship deal with Reading FC
THE NATION

30263719-01_big.jpg

Carabao will see its name appear on the club's home shirts for the 2015-16 season.

BANGKOK: -- ENERGY-DRINK company Carabao Group on Monday will announce a major shirt-sponsorship deal with Reading Football Club, a Thai-owned soccer club in the English Championship.The sponsorship is aimed at raising awareness of the company's products among soccer fans in European markets.

Via its official website, Reading FC announced the sponsorship deal with Carabao, which will see its name appear on the club's home shirts for the 2015-16 season. The shirts will go on sale on July 11 at www.readingfcdirect.co.uk.

The Carabao deal, though, allows the club to have a separate sponsor for its away kit.

For the home kit, the new design features the club's iconic hoops all around the shirt. The stylish kit will be worn for the first time next Wednesday when Reading take on the Thailand Premier League All-Star team in Bangkok.

The new 2015-16 away strip will not be available for fans to purchase at the start of the season. The official launch of the kit is expected during the new Sky Bet Championship campaign.

Carabao is the third Thai brand to have signed for a shirt sponsorship with a British soccer team after Chang signed a deal with Everton in 2004. King Power also had its brand on the jersey of Leicester City, which is owned by the company's chief executive officer, Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha.

Before the start of the 2014-15 season, Reading was purchased by Samrit Bunditkitsada, a Thai businessman who owns the Thailand League's Police United FC, with a total volume of 35 million pounds. However, John Madejski remains the club's director.

The team is currently in the Championship level and settled at 19th in the 2014-15 season.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/business/Carabao-wins-sponsorship-deal-with-Reading-FC-30263719.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-07-05

What is sad with the drink companies of Thailand be it alcohol based or not is the money being spent on English football teams.

Wouldn't is be better and more responsible to spend say half of the sponsor money back here in Thailand assisting the poor, orphanages or programs to help the alcoholics that ended up due to the side effects of the same drink companies product?

Amazing Thailand!

^ <deleted> are you on about? The topic is Carabao sponsorship. Led by the popular Thai folk/rock singer in partnership with a beer producer!

Your statement regarding the "victims" of a non alcoholic product is probably the most inane paragraph I have ever read on this forum....which takes some doingbiggrin.png

Suggest you get back to your bong and stay off the footie forumthumbsup.gif

• 2 weeks later...

^ <deleted> are you on about? The topic is Carabao sponsorship. Led by the popular Thai folk/rock singer in partnership with a beer producer!

Your statement regarding the "victims" of a non alcoholic product is probably the most inane paragraph I have ever read on this forum....which takes some doingbiggrin.png

Suggest you get back to your bong and stay off the footie forumthumbsup.gif

Wilai, What are You on about?

You don't seem to understand the basis of what I wrote.

I suggest you re-read what I wrote and then think about it before you put your <deleted> pen to paper.

I also suggest you research the medical consequences of what too much "energy drinks" do to the human body apart from the damage caused from alcohol.

Scientific research far outweighs your comment.

Also thank you for showing your character in the last line of your comment!

^ I have read it again son....you stick to reading your scientific 'research' and stop posting boring, sanctimonious crap on the footie forumcoffee1.gif

You really have a problem with reality when the medical and research community don't agree with your narrow views.

Go and keep drinking and don't be so condescending ("son" wouldn't want you as my dad with your attitude!) to others who do care for people that have been affected.

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

8) You will not post disruptive or inflammatory messages, vulgarities, obscenities or profanities.

9) You will not post inflammatory messages on the forum, or attempt to disrupt discussions to upset its participants, or trolling. Trolling can be defined as the act of purposefully antagonizing other people on the internet by posting controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

8) You will not post disruptive or inflammatory messages, vulgarities, obscenities or profanities.

9) You will not post inflammatory messages on the forum, or attempt to disrupt discussions to upset its participants, or trolling. Trolling can be defined as the act of purposefully antagonizing other people on the internet by posting controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.

Thank you "Jockstar" for posting the above.

I trust you are fair and that you have read the initial and follow up posts from "wilai" where you would have noted the tone and words used.

"victims"

"Insane"

"your bong"

"son"

"sanctimonious crap"

In my posts I was referring to how much better some of the sponsorship money could do if these Thai owned companies directed some of the money to assisting "the poor, orphanages or programs to help the alcoholics that ended up due to the side effects of the same drink companies product?"

The initial Nation news item was not posted in the Football/Soccer Forum and I believe my initial post was a fair comment.

I do not believe the personal attack on me by "wilai" was warranted and that the points referred in your post 7), 8) and 9) should be directed to "Wilai".

If they launched in the UK with an advert showing the story of a sports car flying down Sukhumvit, crashing into and killing a policeman, something about some marching powder and Singapore, I reckon they'd take Red Bull's market share pretty quickly.