What Jobs Can a Migrant Worker Do?

Don't take me 100% on this, but I believe that if it is unskilled labor, there are simplified requirements for their visa and work permit, they do not even need a full passport in some cases. But if it is any other job permitted by the foreign work act, they can do it only if meeting the same requirements as westerners.

Don't take me 100% on this, but I believe that if it is unskilled labor, there are simplified requirements for their visa and work permit, they do not even need a full passport in some cases. But if it is any other job permitted by the foreign work act, they can do it only if meeting the same requirements as westerners.

What many Migrant Workers have that looks like a regular passport is actually a five year Temporary Passport (Nowadays with a Mauve Cover) good only for Thailand, which is specific to participation in the Unregistered Migrant Worker Scheme.

Since the Thai Army have been in charge there has been a movement back to issuing Worker Cards (Pink - Credit card like) which treble up as a Photo/Address ID Document/Work Permit/Hospital Card.