Buying a used car.. Couple of questions regards transfer

Hi All

I am looking to buy a new car this week.

The vehicle is 4 years old, the seller has the blue book to hand and the car has chon-buri plates on it.

1.So am I correct in assuming that because the seller has the blue book to hand that their is no outstanding finance on the vehicle?

2.Can anyone advise of the time it will take to transfer the ownership if we both go to the transport department in Banglamung?

3.Can anyone advise of the cost of doing the transfer?

Thanks

Riki

the transfer can be done in the same day, the cost less than 5000 THB as I used to do,

as long as he has the book, at the transport department will be legal transaction to get the car under your own name,

Or yellow book (tabien baan leuang) will do fine.

But as a non-THhai, do not forget a certificate of address form Immigration or your Embassy or a Work permit.

One of those is necessary for a non-Thai to register a vehicle.

I think it may depend on the value of the car for how much the transfer is. for a 380k car it was 2,500 baht. Don't bother parking when you get there, join the line at the inspection station as you might need a VIN check document to do the transfer, wait was about half an hour there. Usually the line is not long for the transfer window, it was only a couple of minutes for the doc check and payment. i was told to come back the next day to pick up the blue book, not sure if that is the norm.

being 4 years old it should not be under the first car buyer's scheme, but if it is then there should be an entry on the last page and the rebate will have to be paid back.

Archived