Electric rates up? Or just a rumor?

moonseeker

my electicity bill has never been more than 700 baht a month and that is even at 9 baht a unit.It appears that some of our viewers are paying quite a bit more.I would strongly advise you to switch off the air con and go out for the day as it's lovely outside! love to you all F.J x

my electricity bill was never 700 Baht per day. main reason because my average rate per kWh is 4.691 Baht. however, at 9 Baht per kWh my last month's invoice would exceed 700 Baht per day by 482 Baht.

by the way, would you be interested in my opinion where exactly you can shove your "lovely outside"? gigglem.gif

Where the sun doesn't shine ................

I have read the opposite. About 2 months ago I read in the Bangkok Post that in fact electricity should be cheaper by September / October.. The reason given by EGAT was that like the airlines one their biggest costs is fuel to power the turbines. Apart from coal a lot are powered by diesel and LP gas . the cost of these have gone down with the world prices and that saving would be passed onto consumers soon. The amount they mooted was that electricity should be 3.7 bt a unit by October. I think that is an " under quote" and maybe 3.9 bt is more realistic.. In Cha-am I pay 4.1 bt and it has not gone up as some have suggested in this forum. I know many people are paying more right now and so am I ..but in my case its because we are having a hotter summer this year and my air-con is getting a flogging...

I hope what I read was right .. james

So the issue is that the service charge is now a separate item on the bill and that confuses some people

(pictures from Thai social medias)

Thanks for these pics.

The new bill ticket is in fact now similar to the bill-letter we receive by mail, smile.png

except it's a little bit more condensed because of the very smaller size wink.png

Ladies,Gentlemen and Viewers.....

i can't quite understand why many of you have come to this fabulous " Land of smiles " with it's fabulous outdoor climate and spend your days stuck indoors watching tv or gazing at your computer screens all day.....

The more time you spend in an air con room it will feel even hotter outside! Switch it off and go outside into the real reason why we all came here and buy yourselves a bicycle or "high quality walking flip flops and you never know you may just enjoy it!

back to the subject as far as i know everywhere will be 9 baht a unit for your electricity so maybe you can't stay indoors after all.......

Greetings to you all Viewers....

Your lovable Thai Visa Friend. x

i can't quite understand why many of you have come to this fabulous " Land of smiles " with it's fabulous outdoor climate and spend your days stuck indoors watching tv or gazing at your computer screens all day.....

The more time you spend in an air con room it will feel even hotter outside! Switch it off and go outside into the real reason why we all came here and buy yourselves a bicycle or "high quality walking flip flops and you never know you may just enjoy it!

back to the subject as far as i know everywhere will be 9 baht a unit for your electricity so maybe you can't stay indoors after all.......

'kin hell 9baht would double my bill ... I'm off to the golf course then and take the switch with me....

i found your first dozen postings quite amusing Sir Can Arysun. but lately they look as if they are exclusively meant for imbecile chicken thieves with an IQ of <82.5, id est they are a waste as it is a well known fact that the average IQ of a Thaivisa member ranges from 145 to 159 and chicken thieves are not allowed to acquire TV membership.

av-11672.gif

// i can't quite understand why many of you have come to this fabulous " Land of smiles " with it's fabulous outdoor climate and spend your days stuck indoors watching tv or gazing at your computer screens all day.....

Not everyone is retired or in holidays !

Most of those who work do it inside their office room, and then yes aircon is mandatory...

Outside climate is good... outside working hours wink.png

Edited by Pattaya46

I used 796 units last month and 783 unit the same month last year. My bill was almost exactly 100thb less than last year ... due to ft being less ... 395thb this year compared to 540thb last year.

How on earth are you using 796 units a month and only paying 395 thb ????

Edited by johng

my electicity bill has never been more than 700 baht a month and that is even at 9 baht a unit.It appears that some of our viewers are paying quite a bit more.I would strongly advise you to switch off the air con and go out for the day as it's lovely outside! love to you all F.J x

my electricity bill was never 700 Baht per day. main reason because my average rate per kWh is 4.691 Baht. however, at 9 Baht per kWh my last month's invoice would exceed 700 Baht per day by 482 Baht.

by the way, would you be interested in my opinion where exactly you can shove your "lovely outside"? gigglem.gif

LOL. How do you get ONLY 1182 baht per day?

(4,691 * 9)/30 = 1,407 per day?

I used 796 units last month and 783 unit the same month last year. My bill was almost exactly 100thb less than last year ... due to ft being less ... 395thb this year compared to 540thb last year.

How on earth are you using 796 units a month and only paying 395 thb ????

I go away for a vacation with refrigerator (set low), one low watt light on and a modem and router on and I'm paying nearly 700 baht per month.

Edited by tropo