Transfer Money Australia-Thailand

Me & the wife are doing a new building in her village, east of chiang mai,I need to transfer funds in small amounts to my bkk bank acc, I started to apply bualuang banking, have password, but pin # never made it thru the postal system to the village, so now back oz, any suggestions as to the most cost effective way to transfer funds.

regards songhklasid coffee1.gifcoffee1.gifcoffee1.gif

I used this company for many years, http://www.ozforex.com.au/

the money takes 4 to 5 days before it arrives into your BKK Bank account. They charge $15 to do the transfer and the exchange rate is locked in at the time

you start the exchange.

Then there is BahtSmart that I have used several times but their exchange rate is crap.

The time between when you start the transaction & when its put into your BKK bank account can change a lot

with the way the OZ $ is going at the moment. BahtSmart will give you the lowest rate and there is a discussion about it here

but we cant get a straight answer from BahtSmart about it, He just seems to be ducking & diving around the question

So I wont use them again until they get their sh!t together.

BahtSmart discussion here: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/785484-bahtsmart-new-online-money-transfer-to-thailand/page-7

DISCLOSURE

I use Bank & I live in Thailand,

It has been along time since I have transferred $$$ from Oz to LOS.

a) there are some independants - no practical experience with them

B) the banks in Oz will try to get you to transfer in THB. There exchange rate quotations - terrible

Therefore, my suggestion is to get the $$$ transferred in AUD & converted here.

The Oz banks may try to spin you a line that a transfer in AUD is impossible - BS. Just change banks.

If the transfer is substantial, BKK Bank even telephone to offer a quote. If it is a little low for you, they may offer a little better.

SUMMARY

The Thai banks were far superior in delivery of service.

As Jessi advised.... http://www.ozforex.com.au/

I've been using them every month for ages. Great service at minimal cost.

Don't use an Aussie bank..... way, way too expensive.

Cheers..... Mal.

I do an internet transfer with my ANZ account, A$15 to transfer up to $10,000, which is my daily limit.

Next time, check the ANZ exchange rate against Ozforex. Often quite a difference. But the plus is ANZ transfer is much quicker.

Just sayin..... Cheers..... Mal.

Cheers..... Mal.[/

I do an internet transfer with my ANZ account, A$15 to transfer up to $10,000, which is my daily limit.

Next time, check the ANZ exchange rate against Ozforex. Often quite a difference. But the plus is ANZ transfer is much quicker.

Send the money over in AUD - nothing to do with ANZ rates.

Sh$$t when will you guys learn to do your homework!

We sent an Australian atm card through the post(registered mail) to my wife's sister who's husband was doing the building. We just pay smaller sums for each stage of the build.

Probably could be better opening a forex account, but I'm not familiar with how that all works.

Can you not get a new pin number? Or change the pin using online banking?

We sent an Australian atm card through the post(registered mail) to my wife's sister who's husband was doing the building. We just pay smaller sums for each stage of the build.

Probably could be better opening a forex account, but I'm not familiar with how that all works.

Can you not get a new pin number? Or change the pin using online banking?

We do the same for fund transfers for household/business/family emergencies, when we aren't in Thailand.

Transfer funds between accounts in home country, pay $2.50 fee for transfer to Baht (in Thailand) and pay ATM charge from Thai bank. The only thing I've found cheaper is carrying the cash (up to 10K each) or with the appropriate paperwork more than 10K.

In Sydney I use Xwing Pty Ltd (google it) or their facebook page https://www.facebook.com/xwingptyltd

no transfer fee, if sending to BKK Bank, I think 30 bht other banks, their exchange rate is usually 0.1 bht less than Bangkok Bank current rate and money is in Thai account within 4 hours

Can also deposit money into their Westpac Bank account, than ring them, telling them your have made deposit and they will transfer for you immediately.

Unfortunately they were been closed last week and most of next week, upgrading computer system

I have been using them for many years never a problem (except they closed at the moment)

Cheers..... Mal.

I transfer in Aussie dollars, so the ANZ has no control over the exchange rate, The rate is determined by my bank in Thailand, the SCB.