What's happened at WWM Co?

Guderian

I went in last week to find most of the shelves/cabinets bare, the lady behind the counter said shop closing!

I have to say the quality has deteriorated over the last year or so,

Cross Sukhumvit to Chaiprul 1 and about 100 yards down on the left is Yorkies, better choices and quality imho.

In the past I tried Yorkies bacon and Simple Simon's too, but neither of them was as good as WWM's middle back. That was back in the days when you could buy WWM food in Friendship. I asked Eric why they stopped selling via supermarkets (about 4 or 5 years ago, I think) and he said it was because they were putting (what he considered) too high a mark-up on their foods. It seemed odd to me as his main concern should have been selling his products, not worrying about the likes of Friendship adding a large profit margin. Plus there's plenty of people I know who don't have any transport other than the Baht Buses and Shanks Pony, so visiting their shop on Chaiyapruek 2 is out of the question.

I used to buy their meat pies in Friendship and the prices were nearly identical to their shop prices.

Just had a look at the London Pies web site, their pies are expensive, I think I will stick with Bowmans.

Hey Rab have you tried Tonys or was it Peters Pies?

Has a place just off SSCCR

Pork, Mince onion, steak, steak kidney, cheese onion, chicken and he makes a great big steak and kidney pudding that I can make two meals of.

If you need his wife's number for ordering ETC (I think that they will deliver a reasonable distance) give me a pm

Edited by n210mp

Damn, it's no wonder they went broke, I hadn't realised how cheap they were. I just went to Yorkie's shop to get a kilo of middle back bacon and it's 50% more expensive than it was at WWM. :(

Just had a look at the London Pies web site, their pies are expensive, I think I will stick with Bowmans.

Hey Rab have you tried Tonys or was it Peters Pies?

Has a place just off SSCCR

Pork, Mince onion, steak, steak kidney, cheese onion, chicken and he makes a great big steak and kidney pudding that I can make two meals of.

If you need his wife's number for ordering ETC (I think that they will deliver a reasonable distance) give me a pm

Thanks for the advice, but a little far out for me, I am in Friendship near enough daily so pick up my Bowmans when needed.