TAT hopes new campaign will improve domestic tourism

webfact

TAT hopes new campaign will improve domestic tourism

BANGKOK, 7 July 2015 (NNT) - The Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) has revealed its new campaign to win back Thai tourists to the country next year.

TAT’s Domestic Marketing Deputy Director Anuphab Theerarat said that domestic tourism has been lackluster in the first six months. Consumer confidence is down as the economy remains sluggish.

He forecast that Thailand will have made over 700 billion baht by the end of this year from domestic tourism, falling short of previous expectations.

The Deputy Director said he believed the tourism sector will improve again via government stimulus and the TAT's new Dream Destination 2 campaign.

The campaign was designed to attract travelers to tourist hotspots across five regions of the country. The TAT is hoping the country would reap 800 billion baht in revenue from the campaign next year.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2015-07-07 footer_n.gif

More B.S speculation fro TAT. I dont undetstand how they get their numbers when they make their press releases. If they forecast their income at 700bn baht for the year then how do they hope to make 800bn baht from just one sales pitch with that Dreamdestination 2?

More like Tourism Withering Authority of Thailand (YOU figure out the acronym).

A substandard product leans on advertising, a great product sells itself. Fix up the police corruption, start enforcing road laws so tourists aren't DYING (Thailand still has the 2nd highest road fatality in the world), enforce safety standards so tourists aren't DYING, stop human trafficking so the slaves will stop DYING . . . I see a recurring theme here.

Come for the advertising, stay cuz you're dead.

Tourist attractions ? What tourist attractions ? Different subsided streets, unusual rocks ?, A pile of

rubbish that, forgive me, may or, may not , have been a temple or, just an abandoned disco ? How will they get there as driving, in itself, is a dangerous route. Hmn ? Vans crash even at the zoo, planes slide off runways, boats sink, busses brakes fail,

( always) so, pray tell, how to visit these exciting "attractions" and return home alive and in one piece ?

Advertising domestic tourism destinations is the responsibility of the domestic destinations, not a national tourism ministry.

A tourism ministry has no business trying to influence domestic tourism, unless of course crony kickbacks are involved.

It is like a store owner advertising to his kids to shop in his store, it has zero economic affect on the whole economy.

Notice the TAT was recently "Trumpeting" the release of special new Printed material for those visitors who are of the ISLAMIC Faith.

This, it was claimed would encourage them to visit Thailand.

I'll just leave it there. Far be it from me to pass comment on THAT Brilliant move.

What is the stimulus plan? And where is their dream destination 2 campaign?

The 700 Billion isn't even in the bag yet, bit naive to be chalking up a 15% increase in tourism revenue off a speculative figure.