Thai actress 'Tangmo' hospitalized for overdose

webfact

Actress 'Tangmo' hospitalized for overdose
By Coconuts Bangkok

tm.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Actress Pattaratida “Tangmo” Patcharaveerapong was admitted to a hospital last night after overdosing on sleeping pills.

Tangmo, a Channel 7 lakorn star, harmed herself last night two days after her former fiance, “The Star” reality show singer Phakin “Tono” Kumvilaisak, announced their split on stage.

“I now believe my friend really worships love... so much that she could trade her life for Tono,” her associate Paezaa Pichaipoosit wrote in a caption, leading the media to frame it as a lovelorn suicide attempt.

Paezaa took Tangmo to Kasemrad Prachachuen Hospital Pichaipoosit, where he conveniently posted photographs and video documenting his friend’s crisis to Instagram. They have since been removed.

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2015/07/07/actress-tangmo-hospitalized-overdose

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2015-07-07

I could not care less what caused her to overdose, but if I was there I would have given her mouth to mouth, and I have had no training. biggrin.png

Edited by mikemac

A video circulated on Facebook / Instagram shows her in Hospital obviously in distress after taking the overdose and being treated in ICU.

One of her 'friends' had apparently taken the video in ICU then circulated it... Much to the admonishment of Thai netizens.

One of those she mistakenly called a friend is disgustingly subhuman....

Edited by richard_smith237

She doesn't care as long as her Facebook 'likes' continue to rise.... there is no such thing as bad publicity.

Indeed. This actress is a slutty hate figure for many soap fans, definitely not naang ek (female lead) material.

They even set up an "Anti Tang Mo" facebook page with lots of pics of her prior to all her plastic surgery. Priceless. biggrin.png

"Tangmo, a Channel 7 lakorn star, harmed herself last night two days after her former fiance, “The Star” reality show singer Phakin “Tono” Kumvilaisak, announced their split on stage."

Sounds like a great guy!

Edited by Bluespunk

Nice comments from TV's finest!

As always and as expected!

What would you have preferred, condolences? She's a true drama queen.

Well...actually, I think everyone verdosing on pills is screaming for help!

Maybe you would talk a bit differently, if you would have dealt with someone who attempted suicide and (luckily) failed!

Maybe you would talk a bit differently, if you would have dealt with someone who attempted suicide and (luckily) failed!

Sorry, but I must disagree about the cry for help thing. Most often, those who self-harm are looking for help, but someone who ODs deliberately is not. My step-daughter, in M-6, has just returned from trying to console the family of a classmate who said at 4:00 today that she no longer wanted to live. At 7:00, she was dead from an OD of sleeping pills. Now we have to be careful, because although it's rare, it's not unheard of for several teenagers in a town to take their lives within a few weeks. We are grief-stricken, of course, but I've told my wife to keep checking in on our daughter and her friends for the next few weeks.

Oh, yeah, I've dealt with many dozens - maybe hundreds - of attempts and successes, including my own son when he was a teen, due to a missed diagnosis. Fortunately, he survived three attempts because I was around. And yes, it is different when it's your own.

Not every failed suicide attempt is lucky ! Sometimes people don't have the knowledge to have a succesful suicide.

“I now believe my friend really worships love... so much that she could trade her life for Tono,” her associate Paezaa Pichaipoosit wrote in a caption....

.... what an incredibly ill-conceived notion of love.

Hospital faces probe over photos
THE NATION

30263992-01_big.jpg

BANGKOK: -- THE private hospital that treated Pattaratida "Taengmo" Patchara-veerapong for a drug overdose should be made to explain how people could take photos and video clips of the actress while she was recuperating in the emergency room, deputy director-general the Department of Health Service Support (DHSS) said yesterday.

Dr Thares Karasnairaviwong said the actress, who allegedly overdosed on sleeping pills in an apparent suicide attempt, was safe, but the photos and video clip had gone viral. He said that releasing such material without the patient's consent was a violation of the National Health Act 2007 and offenders could face up to six months in prison and/or a Bt10,000 fine. Violating the criminal code carried a punishment of up to six months in prison and/or a Bt1,000 fine.

Downloading photos and videos without her consent was also a violation of the Computer Act, he said. If the hospital was deemed to have conspired in the action, it could be sanctioned for violating professional ethics by revealing confidential information, he added.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Hospital-faces-probe-over-photos-30263992.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-07-08

Another thread about a lakorn star being suicidal, but you never hear how many lakorn viewers become suicidal, however those numbers must be in the hundreds among the foreign community.

Really? I rather enjoy many of the lakhorn nam nao. The ones that bother me are the "action" ones where they are fighting a bad guy with a gun, knock him head over heels with one punch and then stand there looking soulfully at each other while he's lying on the ground with the gun in his hand. I loved one where the bad guy regained consciousness and shot the heroine (in the story line it was time for her to die anyway). Aside from that there are clues to Thai culture. I used to like watching the historical fantasy show for kids on Saturday and Sunday mornings, the one with flying horses and talking dogs and magical walking sticks and such. Lots of pretty girls. I've also been interested by the evening ones set in earlier historical periods, where they actually use the archaic language.

Edited by Acharn

Ratchatcher is right. There really is nothing special about her...do not believe the airbrushed photos just posted. Just take a look at her in her natural state on TV (ok, she's been crying and certainly not looking her best) and you would not believe she's a TV beauty. That's what you'd see in the morning, including the eye/lip/nose surgery creases.

Feel sorry for the girl, but the general Thai opinion of her is that she's been through a string of rich Thai bfs and expects to be treated royally. Bit of a khun noo. This didn't work out in her favour. I'm not sure if they had children, but if so she is incredibly selfish doing this because of loss of pride/gifts/attention.