Where have you seen the best computer deals?

Hal65

I'm looking for a midrange desktop that has a video card capable of running a 4K display. Where are the best computer deals to be found in Pattaya?

I'm open to both new and used.

It seems like in Thailand we do not have dedicated big-box computer stores like Best Buy. I'm guessing IT City (top floor of Tukcom) has the best deals based on their size.

I was in the market for a new laptop recently and checked out most places, as there is always a sale somewhere.
Walked through the small shops at Tukcom, went to IT City, Power Buy, Big C and Lotus. Eventually bought one at Lotus, as they had a great deal if you had a member card there. Was a few thousand baht cheaper than any other place at that time. So it pays to look around.

If you like to put it together yourself, or have a store build it for you to your specs, I’d recommend J.I.B. at Tukcom NW corner of the 3rd floor.
I usually build my own desktops and buy most parts from this shop.

Looks like computer prices are higher than back home even on Lazada. Maybe I will buy the parts and have someone put it together. Does anyone know what a shop in Tukcom would charge for this?

Looks like computer prices are higher than back home even on Lazada. Maybe I will buy the parts and have someone put it together. Does anyone know what a shop in Tukcom would charge for this?

If you buy the parts from a shop at Tukcom, they will assemble it for your for free.

Not sure how much they'd charge if you bring your own parts, maybe some else has done this?

Agree that Newegg and comparable internet shops usually are cheaper than what you pay over here.

You can buy them online, try Lazada.com , cheaper than buying from the shop,

Only problem is if the import authorities catch it, they will levy a hefty tax on ANY piece of electronic gear. I bought a dive computer and they added a 30% tax on it. Thai electronics are ALL heavily taxed.

Only problem is if the import authorities catch it, they will levy a hefty tax on ANY piece of electronic gear. I bought a dive computer and they added a 30% tax on it. Thai electronics are ALL heavily taxed.

I am sorry but you are wrong, there is 0 import tax on IT products. Been like this for many years. I believe that for certain parts there is still a tax, bit not for whole computers. Of course there is Still VAT to be added at 7%, pretty cheep especially when compared with Europe.

You can buy IT Kit from www.invadeit.co.th, Thomas is the owner and they are very good. Really good range of kit including high end stuff, complete machines the whole lot and prices are cheaper than places like IT City etc. I get a lot of kit from them, cannot say a bad work about them.

Check out J.I.B. website, there is an extensive price list of PC components to help you build a PC according to your needs and budget.

Or visit their shop in Tukcom on the 3rd floor, they were very helpful and forbearing enough to gave me multiple quotes with different components.

I compared the prices with similar mechines online , J.I.B. seems cheaper but not much.

For example:

Intel i3-4130 processor, Gigabyte H97N mainboard, 4GB RAM,1TB HDD, Nvidia GT730 display card, 550W ATX case, power supply for 13,000B.

Same mechine with i5-4460 is 15,500B.

Edited by Thailand J

You got it right - IT is the best for SALES but after sales service is similar to all other stores - non existent !

"...but after sales service is similar to all other stores - non existent !"

The last desktop I bought was at Watana Systemation on Pattaya Klang. Not sure about their prices compared to others, but they had what I wanted and also had the (legal) MS OS I wanted. Just bought the computer without any of the peripherals since I had a monitor and everything else.

I screwed up the partitioning when installing the OS and took it back there for help. Excellent technician there provided "after sales service," sorted out the problem and made sure everything else I installed was running as expected (and installed a few other useful things) at no charge ... although I gave him a decent tip for rescuing me. In and out of the shop in under 30 minutes.

Edited by Suradit69

If you want a good deal go checkout some prices on the brands you want from as many stores as you want then send a Thai friend to ask what freebies can throw into the deal or best price. I never buy myself cause as soon as they see a farang, solly no discount BUT my friend came back with sh*t load of freebies.

Fortune rama9 For bkk

Alot of pantip stores moved there

Edited by LindsayBKK

If you buy the parts from a shop at Tukcom, they will assemble it for your for free.

Not sure how much they'd charge if you bring your own parts, maybe some else has done this?

Agree that Newegg and comparable internet shops usually are cheaper than what you pay over here.

They are cheaper but you will hit a problem.

They will block it at import and charge a heavy tax. Probably end up more expensive!

Only way to avoid this is to get someone to bring the stuff, probably not an option.

I would use Tukcom personally, easier and you will get a sort of guarantee.

I am sorry but you are wrong, there is 0 import tax on IT products. Been like this for many years. I believe that for certain parts there is still a tax, bit not for whole computers. Of course there is Still VAT to be added at 7%, pretty cheep especially when compared with Europe.

You can buy IT Kit from www.invadeit.co.th, Thomas is the owner and they are very good. Really good range of kit including high end stuff, complete machines the whole lot and prices are cheaper than places like IT City etc. I get a lot of kit from them, cannot say a bad work about them.

I second the recommendation for invadeIT. Prices are comparable with other sources, shipping is very fast, and they have super after sales service if needed. Thomas, the owner, is very obliging with competent advice.