replacing coffee as caffein source

h90

I get very black teeth from coffee (espresso without milk). My dentist who does the cleaning says coffee is very bad and some peoples teeth are more porous than others to get colored.

Black tea she told also color the teeth, but less, but it is harder to clean.

Green tea doesn't really kick

Red Bull, M150 etc has way too much sugar as I have never seen a sugar free version in Thailand (it exists in Austria).

Without my morning coffee I can't really work well and specially I can't set up a production machine where a mistake brakes a tools of 100-200 Euro.

Any idea for an alternative source of my caffeine kick?

Best thing to do is to lower your caffeine threshold so that green tea suffices...it can be done. Caffeine like other drugs is something one can build a tolerance to. You'll need to eean yourself gradually. Progressively weaker cups of coffee or less coffee with reductions every 3-4 dayd. More slowly if you experience problems...slow and steady decrease being the key.

Several years ago I had the same problem - my teeth were getting very yellow, and I was taking in too much sugar and fat (cream) just to get some caffeine.

Here in the US they sell "caffeine pills" - basically a pill with about 200 milligrams of caffeine. They are sold over the counter (no prescription needed), and cost about the same as aspirin. I switched, and really like them.

As you say, Red Bull is bad news - you are taking in a bunch of sugar to get some caffeine.

I have never looked for the caffeine pills on my trips to Thailand (I bring my own), and they may not be available there, others can tell you. But if you ever go back to your home country or have friends there it is something to consider. I drink green/herbal tea, and if I need a boost, with 1/2 caffeine pill.

Several years ago I had the same problem - my teeth were getting very yellow, and I was taking in too much sugar and fat (cream) just to get some caffeine.

Here in the US they sell "caffeine pills" - basically a pill with about 200 milligrams of caffeine. They are sold over the counter (no prescription needed), and cost about the same as aspirin. I switched, and really like them.

As you say, Red Bull is bad news - you are taking in a bunch of sugar to get some caffeine.

I have never looked for the caffeine pills on my trips to Thailand (I bring my own), and they may not be available there, others can tell you. But if you ever go back to your home country or have friends there it is something to consider. I drink green/herbal tea, and if I need a boost, with 1/2 caffeine pill.

Good idea.....I drink the coffee strong and black without sugar, so no problem with the fat. But area of my teeth that has slight damages or is hard to touch with the toothbrush don't get yellow, it get black.

(well my coffee is strong, fresh ground and may even contain particles.....).

I'll check for pills, or maybe powder (I have a very good scale here) maybe turbo load some green or fruit tea....tongue.png

You could try to find a replacement called guarana.

Just as effective as coffee and perfectly legal.

I take one pill of guarana extract everyday and it works as coffee but it's much stronger, so if you have problems with high blood pressure, be very careful or don't even consider it.

classic example of mind over matter. You just convince yourself you need coffee every day.

Try warm water and lemon juice has same effect. better for you

If it is smart to use caffeine or not can be discussed, but that it works is well proofed and known. It is no placebo effect.

If you don't believe me: drink 10 of your warm lemon juice and the next day you drink 10 strong coffee....you'll see a different effect.

classic example of mind over matter. You just convince yourself you need coffee every day.

How do I convince myself I'm not puking from the migraine I get from caffeine withdrawal?

H90, hello,

it is a pity to spend of a good coffee, coffee1.gif very strong in the morning.
Complete with squares of baking chocolate (the one with 70 or 75% cocoa) and wash your teeth once a week with baking soda diluted in water oxygenated to 10 volumes coffee1.gifcoffee1.gifcoffee1.gif

H90, hello,

Complete with squares of baking chocolate (the one with 70 or 75% cocoa) and wash your teeth once a week with baking soda diluted in water oxygenated to 10 volumes coffee1.gifcoffee1.gifcoffee1.gif

yes good strong hot coffee in the morning is some of the real pleasures in life and doesn't make you fat.....Specially if you slept not enough or have a slight hangover than the coffee even tastes better.

But beside making my teeth black it elevates the cholesterol level so maybe it is good to stop it.

(but don't like the chocolate....but further blacken my teeth with red wine and blueberries.....)

I had a special toothpaste + a strong electric brush but without really grinding off the surface it doesn't seem to help.

So again it seems like with all pleasures it has its downsides.....

How do I convince myself I'm not puking from the migraine I get from caffeine withdrawal?

Actually in some (all??) migraine tablets there is some caffeine.

You could try to find a replacement called guarana.

Just as effective as coffee and perfectly legal.

I take one pill of guarana extract everyday and it works as coffee but it's much stronger, so if you have problems with high blood pressure, be very careful or don't even consider it.

Where is this available in Thailand? pattaya? please?

The green tea in north Vietnam has a big caffeine kick - the locals drink it in tiny cups the size of shot glasses. It tastes like stewed grass but if it is caffeine you need this might be the way to go.

Caffeine tablets are readily available at every pharmacy and cheaper than coffee. Check Boots.

I've looked, and asked behind the counter, at several BKK Boots stores, and they claim to not have any. Am I asking for the wrong thing?

In the USA, I use generic No Doz, which are simple caffeine tablets. I'd pay cash money to find them here in BKK. Had the same problem in China. I could get aspirin with caffeine, and acetaminophen with caffeine (as H90 indicated, for migraines), but no plain caffeine tablets.

I'm recalling 8th grade chemistry lab, where we actually made caffeine, but I figure that's not a good idea here in Thailand...

Edited by impulse

The green tea in north Vietnam has a big caffeine kick - the locals drink it in tiny cups the size of shot glasses. It tastes like stewed grass but if it is caffeine you need this might be the way to go.

"It tastes like stewed grass"

I am not sure if I am that addicted.......

Maybe, but I don't recall them having great looking teeth...

Snort amphetamines ..just as addictive as caffeine, stronger kick than caffeine ... but won't stain your teeth.

Once, when I asked a pharmacist why caffeine wasn't available here in Thailand, he joked that it cut into the yaba market...

If I recall, most speed freaks don't have great teeth, either. If they still have any...

Snort amphetamines ..just as addictive as caffeine, stronger kick than caffeine ... but won't stain your teeth.

Once, when I asked a pharmacist why caffeine wasn't available here in Thailand, he joked that it cut into the yaba market...

If I recall, most speed freaks don't have great teeth, either. If they still have any...

amphetamines are also bad for teeth...well the coffee isn't bad, it just makes black stain but the teeth are healthy just not beautiful.

As addictive as caffeine....Well I never heard of 80-90 year old amphetamine user (not even surgeons), but for coffee drinker such age happens....may parents come close to this age and the drink coffee that wakes up a death.

(these coffee machines that grind and brew, one of the more expensive one and he modified it somehow to be able to use less water or higher pressure, what comes out is the strongest thing I have seen.....)

laugh.png

cocaine was used like caffeine for a while. And it should be possible for some people to use it responsible, but many others get addicted and massive problems. But I never heard from crazy/dangerous coffee junkies who are dealing their at the subway station.

Caffeine tablets are readily available at every pharmacy and cheaper than coffee. Check Boots.

No they're not. Back home, sure. Not here. Where exactly did you happen to find some? I've tried several pharmacies.

If you're referring to migraine medicine then that has a vasoconstrictor added.

h90, you could try Fitwhey in Bangkok. They have pre-workout and exothermic supplements that contain substantial caffeine in combination with other supplements. Not pure but a possible solution...

Normally I actually have such a product at home and the amino acids in it are sure also beneficial.

I considered it already. Just now my supplier (phukethealthshop) has no stock.

H90, hello,

yes good strong hot coffee in the morning is some of the real pleasures in life and doesn't make you fat.....Specially if you slept not enough or have a slight hangover than the coffee even tastes better.

But beside making my teeth black it elevates the cholesterol level so maybe it is good to stop it.

(but don't like the chocolate....but further blacken my teeth with red wine and blueberries.....)

I had a special toothpaste + a strong electric brush but without really grinding off the surface it doesn't seem to help.

So again it seems like with all pleasures it has its downsides.....

Elevates the cholestorol? I don´t hink so. There is no fat in coffe!