Royal visit to Chiang Mai Temple

Asiantravel

I don’t know how often a senior member of the Thai Royal family visits Chiang Mai but just in case anyone is interested Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn will be visiting Wat Chedi Luang on Friday morning 10th July.

Today they were very busy sprucing up the area around the temple and adding many flags banners in the purple colours attributable to this Princess.

I have never seen her in person so I would have gone for a visit if I was here but unfortunately I will not be in Chiang Mai on that date.

Do you have a source link that may include a time? They tend to schedule these things during rush hour, so that will block the Airport Plaza intersection, Mahidol Road and then some roads in the old town around that time.

There was a detailed itinerary on a large board in the Temple grounds but they used Thai numerals to show the time of each stage of the event - and i have never learnt those numerals so i cant tell you what time it takes place other than a Thai lady said it was in the morning.

Edited by Asiantravel

re

Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn will be visiting Wat Chedi Luang on Friday morning 10th July

nahhh ... shes realy coming to see the northern thailand marching band contest at the three kings monument

but shes not telling anybody that :)

dave2.

post-42592-0-35708600-1436370775_thumb.j

I was informed a couple of weeks ago at the university she will be coming for the International Mathematical Olympiad 2015 being held in Chiang Mai from 4-16 July. Tomorrow, Thursday the 9th, is the opening ceremony which is at the University Convention Hall. So expect heavier then normal traffic in the Nimmanhemin area.

I did meet her a few years ago in person as she came to visit our research facility. There was a massive effort in cleaning up the facility, repainting everything, new walkways put up outside with rails, etc. No cameras allowed accept for the approved photographers team. Our staff were indoctrinated in proper protocol when being introduced to her. Only 2nd time I've worn a suit and tie in 20+ years in Thailand. smile.png

I was responsible for setting up the CCTV system to send video out to large screen TVs outside for those not allowed in or not enough room so have video recording of the visit. The CD from the photographer group of the photos was given to me to find the best group picture to produce a very large framed photo for the lab. Luckily there was one photo with me talking directly with her. Both are framed and sitting on the table in our living room at home.

Was I nervous? You bet. biggrin.png

The princess gave away the diplomas or whatever for the RMUTL graduation. We have a large framed picture on our wall of the princess giving the diploma to our daughter. As parents we were not even allowed in the building.

Grin

re

I love living in the boonies

weve noticed cmkiwi .... love the pet chicken smile.png

just joshin .. dave2

Wow, I wonder if that place is for rent? Its certainly a step up in the rental market if so

just joshin too

Wasnt it Gonzo from the muppets fame that had the fixation with chickens? I wonder what Gonzo the Face has as a fixation?

re

I love living in the boonies

weve noticed cmkiwi .... love the pet chicken smile.png

just joshin .. dave2

Wow, I wonder if that place is for rent? Its certainly a step up in the rental market if so

just joshin too

Wasnt it Gonzo from the muppets fame that had the fixation with chickens? I wonder what Gonzo the Face has as a fixation?

chicken fried steak

re

re

chicken fried steak

nahhh ... gonzo does a great chicken dish that he calls an

open roast chicken dinner .... which was very nice :)

dave2

post-42592-0-20553700-1436411915_thumb.j