First Taste

john1000

Hi

I have decided to travel to LOS this weekend for three weeks, to see if this place lives up to my friends recomendations as he bleats on how good the place is and as I have stated in an earlier thread, I would like to consider Thailand for my retirement.

Three weeks is not long I know, but... at least I get a first taste before booking more time next year for a longer look.

Hope to purchase a house in UK rent out, and take my pension and get a retirement VISA. ( I am 52 )

As for meeting girls ETC ETC, I will not focus on this for a long while as I am still gutted after my marriage failed at the beginning of the year.

My mate is staying in the NAPP INN Bangkok wher I hope to join him, but I cannot find this on the web. Does anyone know of this place?

Plan to stay one week in Bangkok and two weeks in Udon Thani where his Thai GF lives, and see if I can stand the climate above anything else.

What I would like to know, is there anyone here who can point me in the direction of a likely place that IS NOT LIVELY to live in Thailand. as my friend thinks Udon is the place to be????

I am not in country to advise, but take it all slow and easy. Suck it in.

It`lñl eventually grab you. Be at peace, and listen to all the cynics on this site, cos every now and then, a nugget of wisdom pops up somewhere.

Welcome to Thailand. Where to stay ofcourse depends on your life style.

Bangkok is probably too hectic for you. Find some place on the outskirt of Bangkok, that way if you get bored you won't be too far from "civilization" :D Stay away from Pattaya unless that the type of fun you're looking for. Relax, enjoy and have a few cold ones with a friendly TG, they'll be happy to meet you :o

Welcome to Thailand. Where to stay ofcourse depends on your life style.

Bangkok is probably too hectic for you. Find some place on the outskirt of Bangkok, that way if you get bored you won't be too far from "civilization" :D Stay away from Pattaya unless that the type of fun you're looking for. Relax, enjoy and have a few cold ones with a friendly TG, they'll be happy to meet you :o

Thanks. I guess I am not vulnerable to the Thai g\f scenario as I still have emotional baggage but need to find Napp Inn as my mate is staying there.

But cannot find any reference to the place.

Just hope to chill.

Thanks. I guess I am not vulnerable to the Thai g\f scenario as I still have emotional baggage

You need to have some "fun" while remaining totally emotionally distant from the Thai girls that you will meet until you have a much better understading of the culture here. Remember than the pros often look for boyfriends while pretending to be "good" girls and will sleep with you for "free", but if you fall for one, you will not only pay more in the end, but also end up with all the problems that their job brings to a relationship. :o

Thanks. I guess I am not vulnerable to the Thai g\f scenario as I still have emotional baggage

You need to have some "fun" while remaining totally emotionally distant from the Thai girls that you will meet until you have a much better understading of the culture here. Remember than the pros often look for boyfriends while pretending to be "good" girls and will sleep with you for "free", but if you fall for one, you will not only pay more in the end, but also end up with all the problems that their job brings to a relationship. :o

I think its a shame that the Thai girls are regarded as good catch / bad catch as there seems little difference in UK women. Commend the fact that Thai people look after the old, as opposed to throwing them in a home and seeing them as an incumberance. Maybe Thai wives look after the husband as well? or is this lower down the scale?

Not bitter just adjusting to reality....

I think its a shame that the Thai girls are regarded as good catch / bad catch as there seems little difference in UK women. Commend the fact that Thai people look after the old, as opposed to throwing them in a home and seeing them as an incumberance. Maybe Thai wives look after the husband as well? or is this lower down the scale?

Not bitter just adjusting to reality....

There is nothing wrong with Thai women and many are WONDERFUL, but those tend to not be the ones you meet when you first arrive here and have no idea of what is going on around you.

Tourist areas are crawling with parasites of all three sexes looking to strike it rich by telling newbies exactly what they want to hear and they don't care what it does to you emotionally.

Have fun, but tread slowly and carefully! :D

Napp Inn is central apparently.

( Near action ) We will travel to Udon Thani after a week to meet his GF where all the nice?? girls live.

My friend met his gf in a bar, but says she was only there two weeks before he saw her. I am very dubious about this, but do not want to pour cold water on a subject that makes him happy.

Yes is real funny but she is under his skin somewhat. For me I will chill and take in the sights.

What pisses me off is all the stupid Little Britain type comments, coming from married guys in the office ( sour grapes ) who sneer at older guys trying to get a better life.

As for meeting girls ETC ETC, I will not focus on this for a long while as I am still gutted after my marriage failed at the beginning of the year.

That gutted feeling tends to disappear amazingly quickly for many landing on these shores...

Keep us updated, would love to hear how things progress.