What Are Your Odds Of Getting Busted For Showering

jasonc

Funny Funny Funny, Farang spams the gay.com bangkok room quoting the entire story ... Doesn't understand enough Thai to get the joke in the first Para ... Minister Mr "We Have No Water" .... laughing my ass off!

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gees and I was bathing in the klong this morning as I thought we could not use the shower.

Hey did anyone see the article in the Bangkok Post about the new strain of spaghetti they are growing at a farm up there. It is of much higher qulaity than dried spaghetti and is easy to grow. Check it out......soonwe can eat really fresh spaghetti in Thailand !!

Gees and I was bathing in the klong this morning as I thought we could not use the shower.

Hey did anyone see the article in the Bangkok Post about the new strain of spaghetti they are growing at a farm up there. It is of much higher qulaity than dried spaghetti and is easy to grow. Check it out......soonwe can eat really fresh spaghetti in Thailand !!

It cooks quicker Ned and you can graft Bolognese on it as well . :o

Brilliant Guys

best thing I've read in the last year :o

Wonder if the web-watchers at Ratannakosin will get it though? Especially the under-lying sentiment about Dual-pricing?

Full congrats to the author

Gaz

(edit) PS - while I was reading it, it started raining here in Chiangmai (no joke)

HAPPY APRIL FOOLS DAY TO YOU TOO!

Two startling points here.....

FIRST is how many people BELIEVED this!

SECOND is that this kind of thing in Thailand is too close to the truth. Blundering and juvenile (I don't mean status, I mean outlook and ability) ministeres being pressured by their CEO to jump and do it quick.....

Bird flue that doesn't exist (keep quiet and it will go away) Then still doesn't exist and we are decalred clean after 3 weeks (except for the 3,000 new cases...oops)

Hospitals closed, internet blankout (just the 1222 line!!) beggers and dogs taken away and dumped for APEC (even tho the delegates only have to look out of their windows to see all this) Plus foreiners leaving the country not being allowed back in during the period of the conference...(just as wekk none of the diplomats fancied popping over to Burma for some gambling)

12 o'clock closing to protect the Nation's youth from drugs and sex (all except for RCA, the biggest area of underage Thai debauchery) and this withdrawn suddenly at the last minute (with varying thin and contradictory excuses by the ministers)

Thailand deputy Prime Minister announces on a Monday that only 64 drug-related deaths accured last year, and on Tuesday the prime Minister says it was 2,400

and that's without thinking! (me, I mean, not the government)

So why should a shower ban out of the blue seem in any way silly?

I would like to thank the Minister for water, Khun Nammaimee and the deputy minister Khun Maekhong sa Namkhang for taking time out to help compile this.

Have a shower on me...free! (sie nam)

Rob

I wonder if they will add penne and tortellini to the new strains. At least it's not genetically modified. And I agree with you Dr ....... graft some bolognese onto it or what about flowers that produce a good arrabiata ! Its amazing what they can grow these days.

Just read all the replies and responses here.....hee hee hee.

Seems that

a)Thailand has 365 Fool's Days, so this would make perfect sense to a Thai.....

:o some nations contain people that are not too subtle or quick of wit.

Interesting to evaluate the respomnses in terms of the nationalities.....

Rob

Hey sorry for the politics.. I just couldnt find another way of decribing

the way in which some people are gullable.. Will stick to lighter humour then..

From my point bfore...Santa Claus isnt real either.. I stuck a V pill in a mince pie for 'santa' when I was a kid.. and no matter what my folks said about 'reindeers having heavy hooves running on the roof' the fact that my mother was walking bowlegged on Christmas day, (and the lack of christmas lunch that year) spoke for itself.. My dad had claw marks all down his back... scarred for life...

The wall paper was cracked... what were they doing with the lamp stand?

Now I'm older, and live in Thailand.. sadly my kids don't know how to get hold of V pills, and my wife doesn't make mince pies.. Santa might as well be real for all

the joy I get at Christmas (cold meat sandwich!) I havent cracked a room in ages..

Time for Rachada nuat ab-nam then.

Cheers..

This is for real and its another case of RIP OFF Thailand.

Typically everyone should pay the same for a shower during the times of water shortages and again we are getting ripped off.The ha bt buses in Pataya are "ha" baht not 10 (sip )baht and it should be the same with the showers.The same goes for dropping litter.

This will ruin the tourist industry which is suffering so much at the moment with the bars shutting at midnight,depending on where you are.

I will give Thailand a miss next time and me and me mates will go to Cambodia and/or Vietnam where we dont get ripped of for having a shower :o

When I go on my hols I dont want to smell too much and I like ice in my gin and tonics......bloody rip off-again :D

The ironic thing is, the longer you live in the Far East (20+ years in my case), the MORE likely you are to believe a spoof like this. Asian governments do stranger things than this.

Me? I take a shower once a year, whether I need it or not!

WELL, i did FALL for it... Guess i'm still WET behind the ears...

I was reading the article and skipping the officer's names, my Thai GF just burst out laughing when she read them out loud!!!

Shower time!!!

PENZMAN :o

BRAAAAVO! to the forum team on this one!

Guest IT Manager

For the thanks, thanks, for the laughs likewise.

You lovelies never let me down.

Happy April Fool

It/Author with Doc and George.

A good aprilfool, but in Isan is not a aprilfool, my water is so now so lack of pressure that I have to sit on the floor when I shower, and it takes a Thaimovie (included the promotion stuff) to get the soap of my body. My wife is happy. She can watch the hole thaimovie now without i change to News every hour.

Here in Nakhon Sawan the first shower for ladies opened near Wat Lirpa. Some ladies lined up in front of the shower. Behind the shower however, I noticed another line: 3 farang-men waiting for a peephole to look INTO the shower. A policeman collected 50 Baht from each.

It looks to me that this is an entertainment venue. Now my question is: what time this venue has to close? Thanks for a prompt reply.

:o

Just got an email from a concerned reader:
I want to inform you that your topic' shower ban' in Thailand is ridiculous. I am Thai and I live in bkk.There is no such a thing that you've said.I don't know where did you get the information,but i want you to correct the information and inform others viewers of your website that this was the wrong news.

Thanks

:o Some mother's do have 'em George.

:o What a weez, so crazy it could have been true eh, the way the thi Govenment and officials think.and???????? the joke could well be true soon

:D

pip well done Thai visa, a great April fools day

A good few years back, around 1980 the Times in London ran a story about 20 Germans lost/found on a tiny Faroe Island north of Scotland, didnt know the war was over stuff, but it really caught a lot of people out

Printed it out and passed it around the office.

One German guy got it straight away, but didn't let on. The German engineer went bonkers, saying no one would stop himshowering, etc.

Our Thai secretary got very worried, phoned her husband. The Thai engineers ignored it (just some farang nonsense) and the rest of the guys on site (German and Thai) just don't seem to shower anyway.

But have you tried explaining about April 1st to a very irate secretary whose husband had just put the entire family through the shower?