Ford Celebrates Start of Production of New Everest in Thailand

Job_1_Ford_Everest.jpgCelebrating with the AAT team, standing behind the banner, are Kenneth Minielly, director of manufacturing, Ford Asia Pacific (front left); Mark Kaufman, president, Ford ASEAN (front center), and Trevor Negus, president & CEO, AAT (front right).

Ford Motor Company today celebrated the start of production for the new Everest SUV at its Auto Alliance Thailand (AAT) production facility in Rayong, Thailand.

The new Everest is set to redefine consumer expectations for a medium off-road SUV with stunning off-road capability, on-road comfort, advanced technology, bold design and refined interior.

A bold exterior design communicates the Everest’s impressive capabilities and advanced smart technology. Inside, a modern interior makes use of refined materials and features exceptional craftsmanship for a comfortable, harmonious environment for up to seven adult occupants.

http://www.farangmoto.com/thailand/index.php/84-ford/321-new-ford-everest

Horrible after sales service in Thailand!

To the contrary, I have had nothing but the best for the past 8 years.

Two Rangers over 4 and half years and 75,000 km of trouble-free driving including 5 scheduled dealer services.

Tell us about your problem Nick167.

Ford after sales service has been fine for our 5 company Fords. The Toyota, Mitsu and Isuzu dealers we use have not been significantly better.

The main issue with Ford is they just don't take the Thai Market seriously. Product is good but model range (e.g. Escape and Everest) and availability (3.2 Rangers and now New Everest) is crap.

I'm pricing basic pickups and SUVs at the moment and the before sales service is not very impressive. Ford have very little to sell. The 3.2 Everest is 6 months delivery (if you can believe their estimate). Only a handful of current XLS or XLT Rangers in stock at around 600 - 650k but they are a lucky dip dealer by dealer. New Ranger is maybe 2 months delivery according to one dealer.

In comparison, Toyota say their extremely basic aesthetically challenged pickup is 620k and 2 weeks delivery. New Fortuner pricing next week but they say delivery is 2 months? Unlike Ford, the new Fortuner will be available at the dealer next week to see and drive + some old Fortuners still available now at 150k discount. Mitsu's bland but nicer GLX Triton is around 580k after discount and available now. No details on the new PJS yet though.

If the car market is as depressed as the media say, <deleted> are Ford doing? Clearly they don't want market share.

Apparently the T+ that I reserved will be in the first lot released. I will get a test drive first to confirm that I want it ... very good of Ford really to take a returnable deposit. Now if I decide that I don't want it and I may, it will be available. It's more than likely that the dealer will have a customer for it but if anyone is interested I can ask ... I ordered white.

Am I the only one who prefers the looks of the outgoing Wildtrack (exterior)?

No, you are not the only one.

Bit early to judge as I have not seen the new Ranger in the metal but based on the pictures, the new grill does not look like an improvement to me.

Yes, it’s a pity about the incompetence of ford thailand...

Incompetence? Selling over 93% of their locally manufactured inventory, including exports? Bloody shocking incompetence!

Toyota's business model of offering last-minute discounts on large inventories of undesirable, dated, late-model Vigo's and Fortuna's is much, much more sensible.

Incompetence? Selling over 93% of their locally manufactured inventory, including exports? Bloody shocking incompetence!

Toyota's business model of offering last-minute discounts on large inventories of undesirable, dated, late-model Vigo's and Fortuna's is much, much more sensible.

Erm, I guess you've never seen a Ford runout sale.... like the one that's happening now and happens every time a new model is launched? :P

Am I the only one who prefers the looks of the outgoing Wildtrack (exterior)?

No, you are not the only one.

Bit early to judge as I have not seen the new Ranger in the metal but based on the pictures, the new grill does not look like an improvement to me.

Nice scrolling view of real trucks and not artists impressions are here.

Erm, I guess you've never seen a Ford runout sale.... like the one that's happening now and happens every time a new model is launched? tongue.png

Au contraire mon vieux, I snagged a 3.2 WT a few months back when they started chopping the prices ahead of this month's makeover (the Ranger grille and interior is not a new model).

We are talking about hundreds of desirable ALL NEW Fords versus thousands of DATED and undesirable Toyota's btw.

Erm, I guess you've never seen a Ford runout sale.... like the one that's happening now and happens every time a new model is launched? tongue.png

Au contraire mon vieux, I snagged a 3.2 WT a few months back when they started chopping the prices ahead of this month's makeover (the Ranger grille and interior is not a new model).

We are talking about hundreds of desirable ALL NEW Fords versus thousands of DATED and undesirable Toyota's btw.

LOL. OK. They are giving 100K discounts + freebies on top because they're nice people, not because that's the only way to move the stock :)

Ford after sales service has been fine for our 5 company Fords. The Toyota, Mitsu and Isuzu dealers we use have not been significantly better.

The main issue with Ford is they just don't take the Thai Market seriously. Product is good but model range (e.g. Escape and Everest) and availability (3.2 Rangers and now New Everest) is crap.

I'm pricing basic pickups and SUVs at the moment and the before sales service is not very impressive. Ford have very little to sell. The 3.2 Everest is 6 months delivery (if you can believe their estimate). Only a handful of current XLS or XLT Rangers in stock at around 600 - 650k but they are a lucky dip dealer by dealer. New Ranger is maybe 2 months delivery according to one dealer.

In comparison, Toyota say their extremely basic aesthetically challenged pickup is 620k and 2 weeks delivery. New Fortuner pricing next week but they say delivery is 2 months? Unlike Ford, the new Fortuner will be available at the dealer next week to see and drive + some old Fortuners still available now at 150k discount. Mitsu's bland but nicer GLX Triton is around 580k after discount and available now. No details on the new PJS yet though.

If the car market is as depressed as the media say, <deleted> are Ford doing? Clearly they don't want market share.

If it is 6 months delivery for the 3.2 then every customer will be hit by an additional tax bill as the car will be delivered in 2016. Any idea what the additional tax on the 3.2 will be?

LOL. OK. They are giving 100K discounts + freebies on top because they're nice people, not because that's the only way to move the stock smile.png

The point is Ford don't have as much stock to shift and certainly no OLD stock. The Ranger was all new in 2011/12 whereas the DATED Vigo had a badge reshuffle around that time. I agree that they are nice people and contrary to some opinions here, deliver a decent product and service. Pretty much all the truck makers have very dynamic dealer incentives at the moment but I was wondering just how aggressive Toyota's has to be to shift old and less desirable inventory. AFAIK, late-model Vigo's and Fortuner's were ready for delivery at the drop of a hat right up until the release of the new models.

In late February, the wait list for a 3.2 in Isaan was 2 -days (dealer preparation, choice of all three colours). A few weeks later in Pattaya, there was two on the premises for immediate delivery. Have they suddenly dried up again or are we quoting history here?

Where have you seen a 6-month wait list for a 3.2? It's possible that an individual dealership can't be arsed (yes, there's still some sh!te ones) but even a year ago when there was a shortage, it was still possible to get one within a week if the dealer pulled the finger out.

New Everest delivery and Ranger makeover are up to 2 months delivery, maybe longer for the SUV. I guess when you have less of the market, one does have to liquidate a smaller inventory of old stock before releasing the new variants. When you are the market leader by sales like Toyota, the dynamics are easier and pretty much any Somchai will take a discounted 'old' one.... but maybe not.

The Everest stand at the motor show a few months back was totally mobbed. It was the busiest in the show by far and at least a half hour queue just to get to sit in the vehicle. They definitely took a 'mountain' of deposits

Edited by fish fingers

In late February, the wait list for a 3.2 in Isaan was 2 -days (dealer preparation, choice of all three colours). A few weeks later in Pattaya, there was two on the premises for immediate delivery. Have they suddenly dried up again or are we quoting history here?

Where have you seen a 6-month wait list for a 3.2? It's possible that an individual dealership can't be arsed (yes, there's still some sh!te ones) but even a year ago when there was a shortage, it was still possible to get one within a week if the dealer pulled the finger out.

New Everest delivery and Ranger makeover are up to 2 months delivery, maybe longer for the SUV. I guess when you have less of the market, one does have to liquidate a smaller inventory of old stock before releasing the new variants. When you are the market leader by sales like Toyota, the dynamics are easier and pretty much any Somchai will take a discounted 'old' one.... but maybe not.

The 6 months delivery I mentioned above is for the 3.2L Everest. Two Ford dealers basically told me the same thing, Late this year for the T and sometime next year ? for the T+. So yes the Everest 3.2 seems to be repeating the Ranger 3.2 delivery saga. The 2.2 Everest delivery is faster.

No idea about 3.2 Rangers as we purchase basic 2.2 XLS or XLT's for work.

Well Ford Pattaya called my wife today and asked if we want and come see/try "a new car" this weekend.

My wife said yes and when I asked her; what car? She said; don't know, maybe same same as our ranger but like a vancheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifclap2.gif

I will keep you postedwink.png

Well Ford Pattaya called my wife today and asked if we want and come see/try "a new car" this weekend.

My wife said yes and when I asked her; what car? She said; don't know, maybe same same as our ranger but like a vancheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifclap2.gif

Yeah, I've been thinking about it too, but I really don't have the need for a big 7 seater anymore.

That's really funny, a Ranger van. Wouldn't surprise me if some redneck somewhere has already welded one together. wink.png

Yeah, I've been thinking about it too, but I really don't have the need for a big 7 seater anymore.

That's really funny, a Ranger van. Wouldn't surprise me if some redneck somewhere has already welded one together. wink.png

Funny you should say that...

2013_05_30_Ford_Everest_1.jpg

:D

Funny you should say that...

2013_05_30_Ford_Everest_1.jpg

biggrin.png

It's the new Fordtuna cheesy.gif

Will be interesting to see the Ranger Fuel economy and performance in the real world (and LOS as well). wink.png

Ford don't seem to want to state the weight of their new van but one media article quotes 2357 kg for the Everest. http://www.motoring.com.au/news/2015/large-4x4/ford/everest/spy-pics-everest-specs-leaked-on-line-48798

The Ranger Wildtrak 4x4 auto is no feather weight at 2100kg and 250kg more for the SUV version is feasible.

So if true, the Everest will be 300 - 400 kg heavier then the older generation PJS and Fortuner! laugh.png

That burden will take power and fuel to overcome.

IMHO mentioned the new PJS is supposed to be lighter, which may be true as the new Trition 4x4 4 door is not bad at 1860kg.

The Revo 4x4 4 door is a little more portly at 1960kg. Be interesting to see what Toyota can do with the Fortuner.