Curry Leaf Plant

Konini

Plants appear to be widely available down south, but does anyone know if or where I can get a curry leaf plant locally? It's botanic name is Murraya koenigii or Bergera koenigii, in Thai it's หอมแขก (hohm khaek). They seem to grow like weeds once you get them established. I've read in a lot of articles that trying to raise from seeds is not recommended as there is a very big failure rate.

I picked a small one up on a stopover in Sri Lanka last week (free for the price of asking from the hotel kitchen staff) but it got knocked around a bit in handluggage and I think it may be dead. I've put a few of the best looking leaves into a seedling as this is a way to get them started but I'm not hopeful at all. I know I can get dried leaves from Bombay stall at Kad Luang, but they really are nothing at all like the fresh ones.

I would be most appreciative if anyone can help - pictures below just in case someone has one in the garden and doesn't know what it is (although the very distinct smell should give it away; they aren't called curry leaves for nothing).

post-71952-0-84165300-1436581260_thumb.j

post-71952-0-81199200-1436581437_thumb.j

post-71952-0-73033000-1436581781_thumb.j

Thank you FG - I've been so busy I'd forgotten that I have your Bluetack, I'll have to get myself organised.

And thank you even more WorGeordie for not pointing out on the forum (and publicly embarrassing me) that there is someone selling plants in the classified section; I have thick skin. wai2.gif I've sent them a message to make sure they have them.

• 8 months later...