Our dog ate a palm oil fruit

She got the seed stuck in her throat. She hadn't eaten for a few days so we spooned a raw egg into her. A few hours later she regurgitated the egg and the seed from the palm oil fruit., Up until then she acted as though she was in pain if you touched her head and throat. She is quit ie not barking, which may be a sore throat. We got a food supplement ftom the vet, nut we have to spoon it in. She will drink it when she is thirsty, but otherwise won't eat anything. Any ideas please?

Take her to the vet to check whether her throat has been damaged.

Rather than give her water, give her goat milk since it will give her a bit more nourishment.

What food are you making available to her? If it's dry, then try soaking it in water for an hours or so to make a mushy porridge.

We've tried offering what we know she likes. This is what the vet gave us

http://www.petworldcenter.com/product/pro_detail.php?cid=1&cid_pr=1&pid=31&cname=Product%20of%20Petme&show=0〈=eng

We can try mushing up dog food.

Plus some tablets company may be Disemco. They are mustard coloured about the size of those bonze coins you get in chanfe that are useless 555. Is goats milk safe? I googled milk in general and it warned about lactose.

Thanks for your input. Last time I had this not eating was when mum died, that was easy, we just waited the dog out and after 10 days she was eating again. This is harder.

Edited by Mosha

Hopefully nothing serious. I'm trying to brainstorm here!!! have u tried things like washing her just little things that she may like that wont cure but might make her feel a little better. Ive found when ill a rise in spirit , for animal or human, is always of

benefit.

rijit

Edited by rijit

Oh if you think its her throat and your into spoon feeding her you could try getting some gel from the leaf of an allou vera plant down through her throat very soothing and calming effect on irritations.

rijit

Is goats milk safe? I googled milk in general and it warned about lactose.

Goat milk is definitely safe for dogs. It's also widely available in supermarkets here, in bottles, cartons and tins.

You can also buy tins of "puppy milk*". It's more expensive, but you may consider it if you're not 100% convinced that goat milk is OK.

* That's milk made for puppies, not milk produced by them.

Used to have a long haired Dachshund many years ago, & he got a severe upset stomach from something, & wouldn't eat.

I minced up some chicken very finely & he ate little bits, eventually recovering.

It's such a worry though, I do understand.

I minced up some chicken very finely & he ate little bits, eventually recovering.

I suspect dogs have different tastes. Mine really aren't interested in chicken breast at all. However, given them chicken liver and they go wild. (Generally, the stinkier the food, the more they like it. Blue cheese is a particular favourite. Ox liver jerky and they practically bite my fingers off to get it.) The OP might care to try a little finely diced, lightly cooked, chicken liver. It's nice and soft so should slip down easily.

Hopefully nothing serious. I'm trying to brainstorm here!!! have u tried things like washing her just little things that she may like that wont cure but might make her feel a little better. Ive found when ill a rise in spirit , for animal or human, is always of

benefit.

rijit

Bath time is not her favourite. She knows the word and tries to hide 555

most likely needs a course of antibiotic as there is an inflammation.

take her to a good Vet for a check, if in Pattaya, go to Dr Sumadee on Sukhumvit Road, right across soi 46/3

fluent english and accreditation from USA.

Oh if you think its her throat and your into spoon feeding her you could try getting some gel from the leaf of an allou vera plant down through her throat very soothing and calming effect on irritations.

rijit

We grow Aloe Vera, Do we use it neat or mix with a little water?

rijit

Not a very safe idea

http://pets.thenest.com/aloe-gel-toxic-dogs-5970.html

rijit

Not a very safe idea

OK thanks, anothe 2 hour trip to town then.

rijit

Not a very safe idea

Hmmmm i suspect if you or i had a similar diet that the average dog has ie.dried or canned food, eating copious amounts of something like alloe would give you the shits which as we well know leads to

muscle contractions. However better safe than sori w

rijit

I am only guessing but I think the seed cut through some skin, little inflammation and infection. Dog likely also has a fever and loss of appetite .

Moshe if swelling is large, I am afraid you may need to make 3 trips or leave the dog at the vets for 3 days because it will not be able to swallow the pills.

Another option I developed is to crash the pill, mix with water until totally dissolved and feed it through syringe.

I am only guessing but I think the seed cut through some skin, little inflammation and infection. Dog likely also has a fever and loss of appetite .

Moshe if swelling is large, I am afraid you may need to make 3 trips or leave the dog at the vets for 3 days because it will not be able to swallow the pills.

Another option I developed is to crash the pill, mix with water until totally dissolved and feed it through syringe.

It will be the last optiom. Money is tight just now and they want 4000 Baht for lodging. I'll take the meds and mash.She's alert, and hasn't thrown up today. That's progress. Ypu can't feel a swelling and since the seed was regurgitated, she doesn't try to avoid her head/throat been touched.

most likely needs a course of antibiotic as there is an inflammation.

take her to a good Vet for a check, if in Pattaya, go to Dr Sumadee on Sukhumvit Road, right across soi 46/3

fluent english and accreditation from USA.

Antibiotics are not anti-inflammatory drugs they are designed to prevent bacteria from reproducing.

rijit

Not a very safe idea

seems alloe in small doses is fine for dogs after all

http://raisinghealthydogs.com/health-benefits-of-aloe-vera-for-dogs

http://www.aloeplant.info/aloe-for-healthy-dogs-cats-and-horses/

http://canigivemydog.com/aloe-vera-juice

so sorry what can i say,dont beat yourself up,you did all you could.

how do we make our pets[family members] safe,my boy had an encounter with a 2mtr.snake on monday it looked and acted like a cobra so i put myself between them i did get a bite but luckly i had trousers on and it turned out not to be venomous.I WANT TO MOVE.

tears for another loved freind R.I.P.

We've 2 other dogs, it took a couple of hours to persuade then to stay in the house. At 1st they were just staring at the house. A similar experience in the UK. The 2nd dog we had would occasionally sleep in her predecessors place. She would wake up with a yelp and move, then stare at the spot.