Validity of ED visas 6 or 12 months now ?

my school told me i will get 6 months + 3 in consulate so all together 9, is that correct?

No. The initial visa allow 90 days stay. Extensions need to be done every 90 days costing Bt 1,900 each, for a total of one year Max after which you have to leav and get a new visa. In some place immigration give the extension for less than 90 days or you have to may more.

If is cheaper and easier to stay with tourist visa and studying Thay on your own, which is legal.

I had ED before and it lasted for a year with extensions.

Now they told me I will get 3 +6

Means i could extend it twice in thailand

What that could be about.

Do they put less hours in my files? If so would I be able to obtain that visa in Penang? They telling me Laos no probs.

And they telling me laws and things changes all the time....

So just wonder if they play games on me or what?

Thx

Do they put less hours in my files? If so would I be able to obtain that visa in Penang? They telling me Laos no probs.

The regulations has not changed but likely they see that Immigration is making things difficult and are giving you a worst case scenario.

As I said unless you have compelling reason it's easier and cheaper to use tourist visa and study on your own.

Edited by paz

You will have an ED visa for 3 months, then you go for another 3 month extention. Just before the 6 months in total you need to do an MOE test & pass it if you want to get another 3 month extension, then you can get another 3 month extension giving you a total of 12 months. You need to purchase 400 hours of courses from your school if you want 12 months. 200 hours will give you only 6 months.

The regulations has not changed but likely they see that Immigration is making things difficult and are giving you a worst case scenario.

As I said unless you have compelling reason it's easier and cheaper to use tourist visa and study on your own.

The regulations have changed making you study double the hours as last year. Also having to do a MOE test at 6 months too.