Problem with e-mail post notifications.

Liquorice

Are reply notifications showing up for you in-browser? If so, then they should also be emailed if those setting are selected.

A previous server program glitch in the notification system occurring during a previous six month was preventing the ThaiVisa forum/topic database from properly logging who should receive notifications for any participants for topics/posts created during that six month period. The missing data prevents topics/posts from that period from initiating notifications unless the member manually selects to follow the topic.

But if you ARE receiving notifications in-browser but just not via email with the email feature enabled, then those same in-browser notifications should be sent to you.

Have you verified that the emails are not being sent to SPAM by your email provider?

No I don't have e-mail notifications showing up in-browser.

My spam box is empty as well.

What I have noticed is that I receive e-mail notification for replies to older topics before 6/7th July.

It's topics posted after that date that I'm not being notified of.

I'll try to log out and re-log into the forum to see if it resets anything.

The previous server error will affect all topics/posts created between FEB 21 - JUN 10, 2015. Incomplete database info during this period prevents most notifications from automatically being generated, and members must manually select to follow the topic).

Topics created before and after that date range are reported to be working without issue.

I received an in-website notification of an update to this Forum Support Desk topic:

Faz replied to Problem with e-mail post notifications.
Today, 10:26
Have you received a similar in-website notification about my followup post in this topic?
If not then there may be an issue with your account and I would suggest you email support(at)thaivisa.com directly and provide them details (Member account name, email associated with account, description of the issue) so an admin can look into the issue for you directly.

Hi Rich,

On the morning of the 13th, I logged out and re-logged back into the forum.

I cleared all cookies and caches.

Since then I receive e-mail notification from replies to topics since before 6/7 and since 13/7.

Just missing replies to topics 6-13th, but irrelevant as time passes.

Thank you for taking the time to reply with helpful advice.

Have you received a similar in-website notification about my followup post in this topic?

Yes I did, but that was after I'd done a clean up.

Edited by Faz