Laotian arrested with dog carcasses

Lite Beer

Laotian arrested with dog carcasses
THE SUNDAY NATION

30264288-01_big.jpg?1436656067452

NONG KHAI: -- Marine Border Police patrolling on the Mekong River arrested a Laotian woman and seized two sacks of dog carcasses in Nong Khai's Sangkhom district early yesterday morning.

Following a tip-off that a local man, Phut Meenadee, 65, had been spotted delivering sacks of dog carcasses to the Laotian accomplice at the Ban Pak Som pier to transport them via long-tailed boat to Laos, police arrested the Laotian, Dao Siliwai, 40, at Phut's home. They also seized two dog carcasses in sacks.

Dao told police she had merely accompanied her Thai husband to sell the carcasses to Phut, but police showed up and he fled.

Police found that Phut allegedly bought dog carcasses at Bt60 per kilogram to be resold to a Laotian man identified only as Pon at Bt200-Bt300 per kilogramme, and that Phut was once arrested while delivering dog carcasses to a customer along the Mekong River last year.

In a separate case, six men - including a Laotian national - and two women were arrested yesterday as they allegedly smuggled 12,000 kilograms of buffalo tongues worth Bt5 million into Thailand via Mukdahan.

The arrests stemmed from a tip-off about some 10 gangsters on four long-tailed boats transporting suspicious items in boxes to a warehouse in Tambon Nai Muang yesterday morning.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Laotian-arrested-with-dog-carcasses-30264288.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-07-12

Damn these buffalo tongue gangsters!!!!

Is gangster perhaps too strong a phrase?

would black market smugglers be more accurate?

Unless of course they are violently enforcing their trade, with connections that protect them and are deep into the power brokers of the region, stopping ordinary decent buffalo tongue traders like you and me going about our lawful buffalo tongue trading business.

Edited by Manbing

Dao told police she had merely accompanied her Thai husband to sell the carcasses to Phut, but police showed up and he fled.

He will be hounded relentlessly until he is captured.

pickled tongue is considered a right good cut of meat with a selection of other tid bits I found. It is quite tasty in fact, ranks right up there with mountain oysters sheep nuts as well as turkey fries(balls) Thailand must have a law against just about anything that the police, monks, politicians, monopoly holding business people want to control themselves or use /reserve for their exclusive enjoyment.

What is the charge? Is it illegal to possess a dead dog? Or only if you skin it first? If you didn't kill it can you be charged with animal cruelty? Is there a smuggling charge? I can't see what law(s) was broken.

Food related laws.....Sure if they dig deep enough they find some laws about food quality and there will be a list of acceptable meat.

Dog most probably not in it (but all the snakes, bugs, rat, lizard that some people eat???)

That will make trading with dog meat for food purpose illegal......

(I only assume that, in the west it would be like this)

(So now I am of the forum catching some cat for lunch licklips.gif )

Damn, buffalo tongue fetches 417 baht/kg???? I nearly bought an ox tongue just yesterday, but at 250bt/kg, I thought it just a tad over-priced.

A buffalo tongue weighs? One Kilo? That's an awful lot of buffalos! Even at 2 kilos, it's still a lot of buffalos.

Anyway, full marks to those gangsters for trying - what would have become of those tongues if they hadn't smuggled them? Disguised as dog meat for the Laos I bet.

Wow. The boys in green really took over that photo! coffee1.gif

What caught my attention was the babe in pink taking a selfie.

You got "in pink" correct. May I suggest you up your glasses prescription.

I'll go with your suggestion SS, these old glasses are causing me problems.post-9891-0-32255400-1436705504_thumb.jp

As a dedicated vegetarian, I see no difference in anyway between a dead dog or a pig, a cow, a sheep, a goat, snake, lizard , bird, fish, cockroach, or beetle being served up to the carnivores as a meal. Maybe it need to be Kosher, Halal or blessed - but to me same same.

Edited by Artisi

...and dawg meat is 3-4hundred a kilo? must be tastier than I remember it, just by comparison my local tallat has boned chicken for 90 a kilo.

..and I bought nice ground beef at makros for B270. Probably doesn't have any tasty dog meat in it.bah.gif