business discussions/seminars on non-O visa

i am aware i can discuss business, attend meetings and seminars with a non-B and without a work permit but can i do the same on a non-O marriage extension or would i need to change to a non-B? or get a work permit with my non-O?

Since you live in Thailand you probably need a work permit, depending on the exact circumstances.

The exception is for business travelers, coming over to discuss business between their foreign company and a Thai company

As a work permit is not required, you could do them on any entry, as has been said, if you are visiting.

The Thai Department of Employment issued an announcement on March 6, 2015, declaring the types of work-related activities that are not classified as “work” under Thailand’s Alien Working Act B.E. 2551 (2008).1

With immediate effect, the following activities will not require application for a work permit:

1. Attending a meeting, conference, or seminar;
  2. Attending an exhibition or trade fair;
  3. Taking part in a business meeting or business negotiations;
  4. Attending a special lecture or academic lecture;
  5. Attending lectures as part of training or technical training;
  6. Purchasing goods at a trade fair;
  7. Attending a Board of Directors meeting at one’s own company.

Why This Matters

It is important that immigration and global mobility professionals, and employees traveling to Thailand for business, understand that a business traveler or foreign individual who comes to Thailand for such activities – as noted above – no longer requires work authorization. This should therefore help to ease some of the administrative burdens on companies and makes it simpler and more convenient for business travelers or foreign individuals to enter the country when participating in or undertaking the above-noted activities.

Edited by bigt3116