TAT confident to hit next year’s tourism revenue target at THB800 bn

Lite Beer

TAT confident to hit next year’s tourism revenue target at THB800 bn

BANGKOK, 12 July 2015 (NNT) - The Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) has launched a project to stimulate tourism and announced its strategy to promote tourism in 2016. The TAT set a tourism revenue target for next year at 800 billion baht.

TAT Deputy Governor Anuphab Thirarat said the overall tourism in Thailand in the first half of the year was slow due to economic problems and a decrease in people’s spending. The TAT expected that this year’s tourism revenue would stand at 740 billion baht, lower than the target. However, if the public sector urgently disbursed budget and the TAT stimulated tourism efficiently, this year’s tourism revenue might reach the target, said Mr. Anuphab.

The TAT’s new project to boost tourism during the low season offers 3-days-2-nights package for 2,990 baht inclusive of one meal, accommodation, transportation and tour. From 15 July to 31 October, the project is expected to attract 25,000 tourists and generate more than 300 million baht.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2015-07-12 footer_n.gif

Dear TAT,

Please give these weekly target projections a break, you're fooling nobody but yourselves.

Love from

The real world economy.

Okay my maths might be suspect but 25,000 x 3000 baht doesn't even come close to 300 Million baht !!

Edited by Fat Haggis

Dear TAT,

Please give these weekly target projections a break, you're fooling nobody but yourselves.

Love from

The real world economy.

Okay my maths might be suspect but 25,000 x 3000 baht doesn't even come close to 300 Million baht !!

Ah but you're not using your official TAT calculator guaranteed to give the answer you want accuracy notwithstanding.

How can anyone,not even TAT think 1 year ahead,with everything that

is going on in the World,terror attacks,financial meltdown in their 2 biggest

markets of China and Europe,wishful thinking at its very best.

regards worgeordie

Let's look at their latest gimmick a little closer

They expect 25,000 tourists to make 300 M baht? By taking up their little inclusive package, for 2990, still means they need to spend a further 9000 baht each to make it up to 300 million baht.

Yep, I can see that's going to work really well.

Dear TAT,

On the 1st of July, you said

"- The Ministry of Tourism and Sports has set the tourist target for this year at 28.8 million people and the revenue target at 202 trillion baht after the situation in Thailand was back to normal." source - http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/837057-thailands-2015-tourist-target-set-at-288-mn/

Now, less than 2 weeks later you say tourism revenue will be only 740billion baht.

So, you were either lying then, or you are stupid now...or both.

Dear TAT,

"- The Ministry of Tourism and Sports has set the tourist target for this year at 28.8 million people and the revenue target at 202 trillion baht after the situation in Thailand was back to normal." source - http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/837057-thailands-2015-tourist-target-set-at-288-mn/

Now, less than 2 weeks later you say tourism revenue will be only 740billion baht.

First one is domestic + foreign. This one is domestic only

Dear TAT,

...ok...so I'm stupid.

Dear TAT,

Which makes it even more nonesensical !!

Where do these people get there facts from???

With the decline of tourists from Russia, Thailand has been dependant on Chinese to make up the shortfall.

With the Chinese Stock Markets falling 30% in 3 weeks I expect the Yuan to fall soon too.

These Clowns in TAT always give me a free laugh but otherwise I have no idea who have interest in their dream numbers ...

A blind chicken can see that the figures dosent add up but not the Einsteins in TAT cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

at times it appears that the Thai government has rounded up all the village retards/stupids/misfits,etc that have been reported to them and placed them somewhere in the TAT playhouse thus raising the IQ of the villiage populations.and relieving working people to go about earning a living and take care of their family , instead of puting out fires, hate and discontent this group of layabouts have caused/created.

The next step might include adopting a system like utilized in the US during the depression, drought years called the wpa. build bridges, roads,l water systems, etc basically anything that would benifit the general population while keeping a lot of misfits off the streets and out in the country side out of sight and sound of the decent folk whose intrest was helping their fellow citizens/neighbors

Might work a deal with n Korea for sending them some of them as relief to help on night patrol around the unmarked mine fields

Dear TAT,

Love from

The real world economy.

3 days, 2 nights, 1 meal. I guess the your calculated shortfall of 225 million will be spent on all the other meals not included in the package.

I think their habit of equating Tourists with money will come back and bite them in the arse one day. Many Tourist areas are and eyesore through lack of investment and are getting worse. The only people who wont notice what a Toilet Thailand is turning into are the Chinese because for many its a step up. Its the kind of cheap and cheerful place where you wouldn't be surprised to see Social security or Welfare tours

It is wonderful to read all the "BELIEFS" that some hold as facts and to that end I wish we could access factual graphical representation of tourist revenue as it will then allow me to make an informed appraisal of the situation. Facts after all cannot be argued with.

If anyone has a link that reflect tourist revenue in Thailand that would be appreciated? AND before you reply I do not mean a blog from a red shirt about a guy that stayed in a hotel room next to a Chinese person that only spent 200 baht a day on holidays...I mean real facts, not beliefs.

Going by tourist arrivals below which have shown record arrivals not before witnessed in Thailand are not an indicator that allows me to comment on this. Although a strong confidence builder for the Junta and a sign they returned stability to Thailand it does not reflect the revenue earned from the tourists and in fact due to the global economic downturn I am also a bit hesitant to agree with these figures stated above.

TAT is now talking about tourism growth in 2016, because they are not going to meet their numbers for 2015.

The phrase "cockeyed optimists" comes to mind.

I don't know why TAT wastes so much time blathering about domestic tourism. This should be a concern for local governments, who compete with each other as preferred destinations for Thai people. As a national concern, it's sort of a "zero sum game".

Meanwhile, the foreign tourist strategy is what?

Oh yeah, a few days ago it was "sell them more things that they want" and "figure out how to make them stay longer". Brilliant. tongue.png

It is wonderful to read all the "BELIEFS" that some hold as facts and to that end I wish we could access factual graphical representation of tourist revenue as it will then allow me to make an informed appraisal of the situation. Facts after all cannot be argued with.

If anyone has a link that reflect tourist revenue in Thailand that would be appreciated? AND before you reply I do not mean a blog from a red shirt about a guy that stayed in a hotel room next to a Chinese person that only spent 200 baht a day on holidays...I mean real facts, not beliefs.

Going by tourist arrivals below which have shown record arrivals not before witnessed in Thailand are not an indicator that allows me to comment on this. Although a strong confidence builder for the Junta and a sign they returned stability to Thailand it does not reflect the revenue earned from the tourists and in fact due to the global economic downturn I am also a bit hesitant to agree with these figures stated above.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tourism_in_Thailand

I wished Madame would pay some attention to sports iso of the stupid and annoying christal ball tourism forecasts

Ah, no money in it.

Except of course when the Tour de France will start in Chiang Mai next year.

TAT........Tat Noun. 1. Rubbish, junk. Abb. of tatty.

Used to refer to the kind of junk sold by crafty Cockneys to unsuspecting tourists in central London.

Urban Dictionary

I knew I'd seen that abbreviation before somewhere. Close enough to make sense.