Question About Getting My Own Work Permit

Another WP question .... I potentially have a job coming up that will be happy to pay for a work permit, but apparantly they can't be bothered to do the paperwork themselves. What options would I have for doing the work myself - going to the embassy etc etc and getting things done myself? They would be happy to put my on their payroll, or if I can get an Entertainment Company to hire me, give me the WP, then contract me out to their location that would be fine, too ... if that is possible. whats the scoop? thanks!

You can submit the documents yourself - I've done it before. But the problem is most of the paperwork comes from the employer. So the employer has to prepare it, stamp it and sign it. I think all you can help with is actually taking the stuff to the Ministry. It would probably help if you speak and read Thai.

I can read Thai, but not fast enough to help with the paperwork.... I think the main problem is that the prospective employer doen't have anyone who knows anything about this kind of thing, and doesn't want to bother. If I make it easy for them, then its no problem. Otherwise, I'm more trouble than I'm worth. Going to the Ministry myself is no problem - just a full day of headaches. I've had plenty of those already!!!

Oh - one more question ... what is the total cost of the WP? The deal seems to be I would take care of everything myself, and they compensate me the extra costs. Me and another guy are in the same boat.

What about goig through another company? I've heard of entertainment companies providing fully legal entertainment before. Do you know anything about that? thanks

Sorry if this sounds like and advertisement but I would use the services of a firm such as the sponsors here rather than try to do myself as a virgin. Believe the added cost will probably more than be made up in less frustrations/trips.