Traveling to Mae Sot for border crossing.

Hi all, I will be going to Mae Sot near the end of this month but before the Budda holiday's. I have a multi entry Non-O visa and was wondering if anyone who has recently crossed into Myanmar using this crossing could give me some advice. I have never used this crossing before and have never used a multi entry visa before, so I am not 100% sure what to expect. I will be going with my wife and her mum but they will stay on the Thai side while I cross over and hopefully with no problems crossing back over with a new stamp in my passport. The reason I am using this crossing is because it is only about 3 hours journey by car plus I had read that they only charge 500baht to enter Myanmar and use a normal sized stamp, not a page filling one like in Laos.

Anyway I appreciate any advice given

Cheers!!

Since you have a valid visa for entry you will not have a problem departing Thailand, entering and departing Myanmar and re-entering Thailand.

The border pass is 500 baht or a crisp new $10 bill.

Border crossings do not close for holidays or on weekends.

• Like 1

Need to look again. Mae Sot is some 360 km from Chiang Mai its more like a 5 hour drive where as Mae Sia is 250 km and is about 4 hours.

I am not in Chiang Mai. I live near to Phitsanolok. So much closer.