Bangkok -----> London ------> Bangkok

Pattaya28

I usually fly this trip non-stop British Airways (Premium Economy) or Eva Air (Evergreen).

Have experienced Emirates too, 1 stop in Dubai.

All 3 above airlines are good for me.

Looking for a possible change.

Any comments welcome on Qatar Airways and Etihad Airways. I am aware that flying Qatar or Etahad will have 1 stop in Doha or Abu Dhabi.

Is Qatar Airways and Etihad Airways up to the standard of Emirates ?

you missed out Oman as well.

I find Qatar better than Etihad, Emirates was a no-goer for me, my wife liked Oman, but still her favourite is Qatar.

How about Viertnam Airlines, have the new dreamliner, or even Cathay (I liked them in Business class)

Looking to change due to what factors ?

There are hundreds of options of flying from London to Bangkok if you care to stop over in the Middle East,India or such.

Thai fly daily direct also,ageing fleet but service with a Thai smile of course.

I've tried just about every available option in the past few years,if you don't mind the stop off then any of the Middle East carriers are the better option over stopping in Mumbai with Jet Airways etc.

I flew last week from Heathrow one way with Quatar,16.00 departure then a very quick change over in Doha for the 12.40 lunch time arrival in BKK second leg was the A380 very busy flight but service is as good as any.

Current prices have been high just recently with the usual 3 direct Heathrow carriers Thai,EVA and BA,hence my choice of Quatar airways this time,possibly due to school holidays.

I booked a flight with BA for Thursday 11th JUNE 2015. When I arrived at the check in I was told that the flight was cancelled . How can that be ?

They could have cancelled it for a lot of reasons. The plane had a fault, not enough cabin crew or pilots although they never admit this. What did they do? Put you on an alternative flight? Give you some money and go the next day?

I booked a flight with BA for Thursday 11th JUNE 2015. When I arrived at the check in I was told that the flight was cancelled . How can that be ?

I'm doing the same flight on a Thursday next month, just in case,what happened next?

Qatar and Etihad are of the same standard as Emirates

Going to disagree with you slightly, i personally have found Qatar to be the better of airlines you have mentioned, certainly the business class Edited by Soutpeel

Reminds me - although it has become "out of fashion" - that it is still worth to confirm the flight one or two days before, either by phone call or internet.

Reminds me - although it has become "out of fashion" - that it is still worth to confirm the flight one or two days before, either by phone call or internet.

Maybe he did!

Qatar are better than Etihad/ Emirates, although I find these three usually expensive over Omanair which is a good service.

The 12 hours takes it out of you and the BA inflight options are poorer than the modern fleet of the gulf airlines, but it beats a layover and you won't end up in quarantine because of someone in your cabin.

If you are looking for a cheap 1 stop there's another option - Finnair. The fares are extremely good value and economy is fairly good, plus you can pay a relatively small amount for extra legroom.

The Bangkok- Helsinki leg is just 9 hours and the airport there is lovely, plus a short stopover means around 12.5 hrs to Heathrow in total. Not bad at all! And their new A350 starts the route in November I think

I have found BA prices to be much better recently, often cheaper than the middle east carriers. Yes the planes and service are better but prefer not to stop half way with young kids.

BA are much better for prices and the new premium economy - shame they still charge so much to change dates

Another vote for Qatar. Etihad & Emirates (I'm talking economy class) have gotten rough around the edges...the FA's seem burned out and overall quality of the experience not what it was 3 or 4 years ago. Qatar seems to keep improving, just a better experience overall.

Looking to change due to what factors ?

There are hundreds of options of flying from London to Bangkok if you care to stop over in the Middle East,India or such.

Thai fly daily direct also,ageing fleet but service with a Thai smile of course.

I've tried just about every available option in the past few years,if you don't mind the stop off then any of the Middle East carriers are the better option over stopping in Mumbai with Jet Airways etc.

I flew last week from Heathrow one way with Quatar,16.00 departure then a very quick change over in Doha for the 12.40 lunch time arrival in BKK second leg was the A380 very busy flight but service is as good as any.

Current prices have been high just recently with the usual 3 direct Heathrow carriers Thai,EVA and BA,hence my choice of Quatar airways this time,possibly due to school holidays.

Thai from LHR to BKK

Is a new fleet - A380

Then a bit older on the 777 but modern to say the least

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have used Finnair in the past but the food was terrible and the risk of only one flight a day. But they do offer good price deals on occasion.

I was also a regular user of Lufthansa and they seem to be getting down and dirty on the price front, particular;y in BC.

Nowadays, mostly Cathay Pacific. Check out offers for premium economy which can be good if you are patient.

Well, they cancelled it

That's how

Did you get compensation?

BA is an EU regulated airline. As such the compensation for a cancelled flight from BKK to an EU airport (ie London) leading to a delay of more than 4 hours would be EUR600. Plus a full refund if the delay is over 5 hours and the passenger did not travel. Plus the airline is responsible for giving reasonable assistance regarding accommodation and food etc for the duration of the delay.

There are exceptions for events outside the airlines' control (strikes, weather, civil commotion, unusual technical issues etc).

What I find odd is that BA is a good company that usually will take all necessary steps to rebook passengers on the first available flight (even on another airline), and usually takes good care of you in the meantime. After all, that's one of the reasons one pays extra to fly with them. If you want to be left at the gate with nothing just choose a cheaper no-frills airline and you will probably get your wish.

Disclaimer: the author is an IAG shareholder.

Edited by KittenKong