Battery Recycling in CM, Part the Second

Rasseru

In the most recent topic I could find on the subject of battery cycling in CM, which dates back four and five years ago, has the same title as this one, minus the 'Part the Second' bit, and has now been archived, which meant I could not, or at any rate not easily, revive it by commenting on it there, someone wrote 'Yesterday I took my old household batteries (I'd accumulated them over a few years now) to the municipal offices on Intaworot Rd. in the old city (west of the Three Kings monument). There is a recycling station at the front of the building---very easy.'

No complaints, as I was fully prepared to find that this terrific info was not so terrific anymore, but I went today to try to retrace the steps of the gentleman who posted that a
nd could not, finding no such recycling station and being told at the information window that there was no such place. I once knew two other places where I could take batteries for recycling, or at any rate for what one had the impression and hope would be proper disposal, but they have disappeared too.

Can anyone help with up to date information about where one can take used batteries for recycling? To be precise, I am talking about small batteries used in electronic devices, not motorcycle or car batteries.

Near CMU physics department, just inside the parking lot and next to the machine shop is a battery recycle bin. Others I'm sure at other locations at the university but the only one I know of 1st hand.