Gen Prawit: Kamronwit will be dealt with in accordance with the law

webfact

Gen Prawit: Kamronwit will be dealt with in accordance with the law

14-7-2558-16-45-40-wpcf_728x408.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The government will strictly adhere to the law in dealing with the former metropolitan police chief now that he has returned to Thailand after the Japanese public prosecution decided against prosecuting him on charge of arms possession, said Deputy Prime Minister Prawit Wongsuwan on Wednesday.

“I can assure you that the government will let go this matter and we will stick to the law as a matter of principle,” said the deputy prime minister when asked whether legal action will be taken against Pol Lt-Gen Kamronwit Thoopkrachang who arrived back from Japan on Tuesday after being detained in Japan for almost a month after a mini pistol was found in his possession as he was about to board a THAI flight for Bangkok.

Gen Prawit said authorities concerned namely the police, the Airports of Thailand and the immigration police would have to discuss what to do with the former Bangkok police chief.

“Everything depends on the law to determine who is right or wong,” he said.

He also said that the Transport Ministry had been told to find out if there is anything wrong with the luggage scanners at the Suvarnabhumi international airport.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/gen-prawit-kamronwit-will-be-dealt-with-in-accordance-with-the-law

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-07-16

Camronwit to be questioned about bringing his gun to Suvarnabhumi Airport
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Former metropolitan police chief Lt-General Camronwit Toopgrajank will be asked to report himself by tomorrow for interrogation over suspicion he might have carried a gun into Suvarnabhumi Airport.

"We have already contacted him unofficially about the interrogation," Samut Prakan deputy police chief Colonel Yongyut Decharat said yesterday in his capacity as chief investigator.

Camronwit had been in hot water for having a small gun in his carry-on luggage as he prepared to board a flight out of Japan's Narita Airport on June 22. Japanese authorities detained him for 20 days. He was released only after Japanese public prosecutors earlier this week decided not to pursue legal action against him over the gun incident.

The fact that Camronwit admitted the gun was his has raised doubts he might have carried the weapon through Suvarnabhumi Airport, as he left Thailand on the way to Tokyo.

Provincial Police Region 1 chief Lt-General Amnuay Nimmano reportedly told his subordinates the investigation into Camronwit's case would be based on evidence.

He insisted that while Camronwit was widely loved and respected at the Provincial Police Region 1, neither personal ties nor feelings should affect the investigation.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Camronwit-to-be-questioned-about-bringing-his-gun--30264547.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-07-16

Where is the evidence he took the gun through Swampy? Newspaper reports are not evidence.

Where is the gun now?

Where is the evidence that he had an unregistered gun while in Thailand?

Yes, he'll be dealt with according to the law....and as there's no evidence available, he will be let off.

Gen Prawit said authorities concerned namely the police, the Airports of Thailand and the immigration police would have to discuss what to do with the former Bangkok police chief.

How about a charge for possession of an unregistered firearm?

Edit: The Japanese will have taken the firearm so there will be no 'convenient' proof.

Edited by lujanit

Well you can kill & get away with it here if got the money & clout, a tiny 22 pistol is nothing that can't be overlooked & forgotten ! shocking mess & lies & usual corruption :-/

Picking mushrooms or complaining about buck Prayut & the Junta is serious 5hit though !

Edited by BuckBee

I find this story alarming, as I do fly this same route quite often and I am shocked that a gun and ammunition may be on board either in the luggage area or the passenger area. I have no witch-hunting agenda against this gentleman, but I do have a concerned flyer agenda for sure. Every time I fly I let them poke the lightsaber thing at all my limbs and watch it beeping whenever it finds a surgical prosthetic. I hand over my bottle of fizzy pop, unfinished. All my stuff gets checked and I don't complain at all, because it is for the security of my fellow passengers. I want other travelers to feel relaxed and safe on their flight, and if it means I have to publicly come out of my mechanoid closet in the metal-scan area, or hand over my cherryade drink etc. then I am more than happy to do so. For this reason, the idea of a gun and ammunition being brought onboard is just shocking to me.

I read he would not get VIP treatment upon arrival, but in the above photograph I can clearly see upwards of 50 brown nosing officials all trying to catch the Japan conquering hero's eye. Chances he wasn't whisked through some VIP channel is less than zero.

Ha ha ha.... I've not had such a good laugh in a long time. The Government will do the right and honorable thing.....to a fellow elitist. Ya right! This I gotta see!

Edited by jerojero

I wouldn't be at all surprised if this DOES go further as there's no love lost between the Military and the Police ... and the "PM" is making lots of changes ... an easy way to get rid of a paid lackey of the wrong side and then move someone else into his place.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if this DOES go further as there's no love lost between the Military and the Police ... and the "PM" is making lots of changes ... an easy way to get rid of a paid lackey of the wrong side and then move someone else into his place.

He has no place he is retired, he is a former police chief.

Erm, matey, Camronwit is retired. But if you're talking about the current Metro police chief, the banana republic buffoon of breathalyzer fame, then I concur.

The hardest thing to swallow about this (and other similar occurances) is that it is so sickening that the entire top echelon of Thailand continues to patronize the entre populous by stating such BS. Knowing full well that most of society is naive and gullable enough to accept anything they say and print.

The difference being that expat residents understand this................and Thai nationals never will.

No Thai bashing intended at all. It's just the way this society is manipulated and kept in their place in the societal hierarchy.

I read he would not get VIP treatment upon arrival, but in the above photograph I can clearly see upwards of 50 brown nosing officials all trying to catch the Japan conquering hero's eye. Chances he wasn't whisked through some VIP channel is less than zero.

Does he really need that many sycophantic, trough hungry piglets greeting him and carrying his bags for him...which probably got him in this mess in the first place.

It's a pretty sad reflection of Thai society in who they hold in high esteem.

Where is the evidence he took the gun through Swampy? Newspaper reports are not evidence.

Where is the gun now?

Where is the evidence that he had an unregistered gun while in Thailand?

Yes, he'll be dealt with according to the law....and as there's no evidence available, he will be let off.

His own statement under oath?

. Don't you know who I am, carry my bags!!

He has no place he is retired, he is a former police chief.

I thought he had simply been moved to a position in Chiang Mai last year, or am I out of date?

Erm, matey, Camronwit is retired. But if you're talking about the current Metro police chief, the banana republic buffoon of breathalyzer fame, then I concur.

See above.

After a lot of talk about following the law he won't be prosecuted. Somyat protects his people.

Besides there is no proof, I'd believe him when he says the Japanese planted the gun and was saying what they wanted to hear so he would be freed.

This sentence in Webfact's post has me baffled, "The fact that Camronwit admitted the gun was his has raised doubts he might have carried the weapon through Suvarnabhumi Airport, as he left Thailand on the way to Tokyo."

Did he mail it to Tokyo?

again an ex police chief who obviously thought he was above the law attempts to board a plane carrying a gun in his hand luggage when apprehended stated he didn't know it was in his hand luggage he didn't know it was there . he boarded a plane at savarnabhumi airport and obviously his luggage wasn't scanned otherwise the gun would have shown up on the scanner , luckily he has got away with it to some degree but the staff at savarnabhumi airport will be dealt with for not doing their job properly .

The fact that he is widely loved from on high really means that he can call in a favour, drag the whole thing out and save more face. What a joke

Agreed.

The joke perhaps is Thailand thinks the rest of the world does no "understand" Thailand/ness.

Maybe that is why so many Thais seem to laugh at ????? so many things.