Fatal accident on the 118 highway involving foreigner

maanoi

Bad idea! The median barrier stops head on collisions & people turning right or crossing everywhere. The 1317 is an accident waiting to happen. Single lane underpasses would be cheap to construct. Roundabouts the easiest solution.

But you forget; Thais don't know how to use a roundabout.

They think its a funfair and invite everyone on to it; being too scared to exit it.

multiple traffic delays will occur all because they think its the right thing to do...........and equally dangerous for us who know that Thai law. like ours says "right of way to those on the roundabout"

They don't know how to drive safely, full stop. No reason not to chuck another idea their way.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Its all about education and giving constant reminders via the media when there are problem areas that need emphasis......yes I know, there would be no Television as we know it; and maybe a few years of public service announcements! But I think they need to start somewhere.

Oh perhaps the police can start enforcing the rules? Nah cant teach an old dog new tricks....

Agreed the traffic laws are flouted by everyone and thats are hard habit o change overnight.

Hell even today I got a surprise. I just saw a nose to tail (Nissan Cube into a Vigo) yeah the Nissan lost. Saw a policeman on his bike anout 200 metres along and caught up to him. Explained an accident back not far, he just shruggef his shoulders and drove off..... must have been tea time!

I think the truck was parked up at the market. On finishing shopping, the driver pulled straight across the three lanes to do the u-turn thinking the road was clear but the bike was in his blind spot probably doing 80-90kph. Truck still in first gear, the first the driver woukd have known about the bike was it hitting his truck. I've been in a similar position on the bike, but had just enough time to react with the rear wheel sliding all over the place. And I'm sure we've all had something suddenly appear out of the blind spot after forgetting to look over the shoulder, just fortune we miss them.

Just a guess from the photos though.

Speaking to the people at the market this is what happened. Pulled out from Tesco to go across three lanes of traffic. Didn't see the bike that was coming very fast. Bike hit his horn but still seemed to keep going, I guess thinking that the truck would stop which it didn't. Hit the front right corner of the truck and went over the top. Helmet that he was wearing came off in initial contact with the truck so when he hit the ground he was wearing nothing.

They dont know how to drive .Why did God make me so great ?I know everything? Why am i here living amongst these stone age peoples ?...etc,etc.

Anto, that is so far from my point that its funny. If you read it properly Im suggesting education or re-education of all road users.

There was no slur aimed at anyone let alone Thai

Seems like you may be the one with the attitude..... each to there own