Chinese businessman says he was extorted by Thai police

webfact

Wow. That is news. The Thai coppers accused of extortion. I am sure that no copper in China would do the same. You need to take a number pal.

Sounds like the owner packed a sad over not getting his dirt money from the tennant,, a micky mouse chinese tour bussines that extorts chinese tourists for the benefit of Mr Yian,not at all any benefit for local Thai bussines.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow. That is news. The Thai coppers accused of extortion. I am sure that no copper in China would do the same. You need to take a number pal.

Yes a scandalous allegation, we all know how honest the Police are in Thailand.

Pol.Maj.Gen. Pacha Rattanapan, the commander of the Fifth Region Police, said he believes Captain Nui is a fake cop, but said the investigation is still ongoing.

So fake cops should be worse than the "real" cops ... ? cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Dont invest one Baht in this country unless you feel like getting an economic hammer in your face, not to mention maybe a real hammer from all this scum running around here ... blink.png

Any extortions or theft under a billion in this country is not interesting to know about....

The author does not seem to have spent more than five minutes writing this article. He does not even know if it is into the billions or millions. if it is a true story, than it is a good step, that it is being reported. The more exposure that the RTP get, in regard to their corrupt practices, the better for the nation. They need to be exposed on a daily basis. Rid this place of the scourge. Rid Thailand of vermin. Rid the nation of blood sucking worms. Little P. is not willing to do the work. So it is up to the citizens to do it. The police attack in Pattaya is a sign of how frustrated people are getting with the behavior of parasitic worms.

Maybe there was no real extortion. Just maybe the guy who owes the big back-rent is making it all up to avoid paying.

But kind of funny! One Chinese person screwing another in Thailand. 555

Went to Jomtien station about my S-i-L's stolen car. BIB wanted 10K to get off his bottom.

if treu you must report through the hotlines then contact bangkokpost, write a katern in their forums and you will feel a lot better.

(trust me)

extortion what extortion? people who rent are also responsable for what is going on in their own renting property...or not ?anyway... it is a chinese story to complicated to me like the language..........so....i will drunk.gifhave a beer and think about it later on.

coffee1.gif

Maybe there was no real extortion. Just maybe the guy who owes the big back-rent is making it all up to avoid paying.

But kind of funny! One Chinese person screwing another in Thailand. 555

I can't prove that it's a wrong assertion, however

You'd really need to be desperate to accuse a whole police force to avoid paying a bit of rent and cutting out of a presumably viable tourist business in Chiang Mai.

Then again, you could be right, the Chinese will walk a long way to pick up a lost dollar.

How is extortion by the Thai police news?

And yet here you are reading the article and commenting on it. You know, if you find such stories so boring you don't have to click on them and read them.

I read this story 4 times and I still don't get it Who did what and who is extorting money from whom

This is just bad writing and poor reporting

Well, you're right about your post, it was a fine example of bad writing. If you read the link it will all become very clear, even to you.

Tong Wan demanded that Yian paid 4.3 million Baht. Where is the bent plod in all this ? Or am I just not keeping up ?

You're way behind but if you read the link you wouldn't be, that's what they're there for.

Any extortions or theft under a billion in this country is not interesting to know about....

The author does not seem to have spent more than five minutes writing this article. He does not even know if it is into the billions or millions. if it is a true story, than it is a good step, that it is being reported. The more exposure that the RTP get, in regard to their corrupt practices, the better for the nation. They need to be exposed on a daily basis. Rid this place of the scourge. Rid Thailand of vermin. Rid the nation of blood sucking worms. Little P. is not willing to do the work. So it is up to the citizens to do it. The police attack in Pattaya is a sign of how frustrated people are getting with the behavior of parasitic worms.

If you bothered to spend 5 minutes reading the full story you'd see that the author corrected his typo and you wouldn't then have to spend your time criticising him needlessly.

It's amazing how the corruption has been increasing in Thailand in the past year. Now we can hardly say it's the most corrupt country on this planet.

It's completely rotten from the start to the bottom.

If you bothered to spend 5 minutes reading the full story you'd see that the author corrected his typo and you wouldn't then have to spend your time criticising him needlessly.

You missed the entire point of my post. The amount was a mere footnote.

I read this story 4 times and I still don't get it Who did what and who is extorting money from whom

This is just bad writing and poor reporting

are you saying that this reporter is a product of a "no fail education" ?

It's amazing how the corruption has been increasing in Thailand in the past year. Now we can hardly say it's the most corrupt country on this planet.

The start usually is at the bottom, max.

Now Wang's yin is in perfect harmony with his yang.

He only wanted $125 Million USD? Pocket change. Next time, ask for 4.3 TRILLION Baht.

4.3 million baht is around $146,000. Back to class for you.

No it isn't. As of today, 1 USD is 34.24 THB.

4,300,000/34.24 = $125,000 roughly. See the teacher for extra homework smile.png

Edited by nkg

How is extortion by the Thai police news?

Is there anyone in business here who is NOT being extorted by the thai police ? It always happens late on a friday, around midnight, when you cannot get in touch with your lawyer. They come in, threaten immediate jail if their demands are not met, and not wishing to spend 3 nights in jail you pay up. People say they do this because they are not being paid enough salary, but I say no, they do it because they can sad.png

Been in business for 7 years and never an issue with the police. Actually had an issue with an employee the police did their job. There are some good cops in Thailand.

However have a factory and not a bar so I'm sure that makes a big difference.

The part that really winds me up, is that foreigners arrive in Thailand, run businesses illegally or not strictly as imposed under Thai law, then when problems arise and become targeted by the unscrupulous, they then expect the police to send in the cavalry and come to their rescue.

I have no sympathy in the least for these people, as they are leaving themselves open to extortion, having no legal defence whatsoever.

I guess you have not been here long. Corruption has been around in Thailand for very long time, no change in the past year.

However I do like when it works for me,

such as getting documents from the govt immediately instead of days or weeks later for a small fee.