! DEATH ! - Do You Fear Death?

fang37

Death is a topic that many do not wish to discuss. Yet, death is certain for all of us. A dec'd Australian businessman, Kerry Packer said that he died & returned. His observation was that there is NOTHING there. When a close one dies, some societies mourn whilst others rejoice.

The Buddha said that we are born, we suffer, we DIE. Then there is rebirth - no escape from suffering?

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Why fear something that is inevitable? Now the cause of death may be a more debatable issue as well as being something that we mostly can control.

As for the afterlife, rebirth, making merit, etc. ... as my old granny used to say, 'What's in front o' ye will ne'er go bye ye."

Death is natural.. but there is nothing after death, its the end. There never has been any proof from any of the religions but the afterlife is used to keep the people in the now under control. Make them behave the way the ones in power want.

I do not fear death itself.

I do fear the pain and discomfort that can come with illness or injury that can lead to death.

I also fear the burden they can create for those I love.

Death itself is just another door to go through...no problem!

Death is natural.. but there is nothing after death, its the end. There never has been any proof from any of the religions but the afterlife is used to keep the people in the now under control. Make them behave the way the ones in power want.

Dead men talk?

I agree.

History shows that religions like Christianity that offer a sweet after life did not become popular until the dark ages.

In the dark ages, life was so miserable for most that the idea of death and being rewarding with pleasure after life was very attractive.

This is why I think of Christian/ Jewish/ Muslim religions ( all the same god ) as being about death and not about life.

Dead men talk?

Not while they are dead,

But later on they sing like canaries

and usually all remember being Kings , princess, or other important people, no one ever remembers being a fool.

So I guess only important dead men talk.

I am amazed!

Posters to date have supreme wisdom & absolutely no fear.

Where do you buy the formula?

Who says I don't fear death, knowing that it is the end does not make it easier. Id like to postpone death.. but not at all cost. If I get dementia or illnesses that keep me in pain or disabled I would not mind death.. but if not id like to postpone it.

I was surprised re closure of "penis envy" - my fiest.

Before writing the thread I researched the net - heaps of articles esp from medical organisations.

Maybe the health section would not have blinked an eye.

Nah....bring it on. i stopped worrying about death after moving between life and death for 11 days....

By the way....didnt see any of the bright lights they are talking about.

Did you see my friend JP?

He passed away a few months ago before telling anyone where he hid the $30,000 of cash he always talked about,

His back yard looks like the moonsad.png

No, but I'd sure like to know the date in advance.

Would make spending my money, planning travel and giving away stuff much easier.

what kind of "Stuff" are we talking about??

'cause depending on the "Stuff" we can come up with a date for you.

i have enjoyed my life over the past 31yrs.and its got better,but having not long past the point of no return i am now wondering how much longer i have.

every day i tell my wife and beloved dog how much i love them,it then hits home when he kisses me[bIG LICKS].

i have enjoyed my life over the past 31yrs.and its got better,but having not long past the point of no return i am now wondering how much longer i have.

every day i tell my wife and beloved dog how much i love them,it then hits home when he kisses me[bIG LICKS].

Funny enough...a Dog knows before you, if anything is wrong....So if the dog is showing you love and affection....lookout!biggrin.png