Is there any chance of Thai Baht getting to 1EUR=43-44 baht again?

Thank the Lord us Brits never joined it. At the time we were told we were doomed if we didn't ,just like they keep telling us we are doomed if we leave the EU ,didn't believe them then ,don't believe them now

Great Britain did more quantitative easing than USA and EU!!!! British pound went down from around 70 to 52 baht, which means: you get ~26% baht less.

Euro went down from roughly 46 to 37: ~20% less.

Between March 2009 and January 2010 the Bank bought £200bn of assets, equivalent to about 14% of GDP to help breathe life into the UK economy following the credit crunch. Then in October 2011, faced with growing warnings of a double-dip recession and a eurozone crisis, policymakers voted to resume QE and pump another £75bn into the financial system, increasing the QE budget to £275bn.

But I agree: 1 currency for so many different countries has been a stupid idea

I agree with the thrust of your argument but I'm not too sure on the Euro/THB & GBP/THB figures. From mid 2008 just before everything went tits up to now, the GBP is worth 20% less THB and the Euro is worth 30% less THB.

The good thing about not being in the Euro was that we chose QE and the level of it. If we were in the Euro we would have to do what everyone else was doing whether it was what we wanted to or not.

Edited by MW72

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with the thrust of your argument but I'm not too sure on the Euro/THB & GBP/THB figures. From mid 2008 just before everything went tits up to now, the GBP is worth 20% less THB and the Euro is worth 30% less THB.

The good thing about not being in the Euro was that we chose QE and the level of it. If we were in the Euro we would have to do what everyone else was doing whether it was what we wanted to or not.

The GBP has lost value in general, even against the USD. It's about the same loss to the USD as it is the Thai baht. (roughly.) The Euro has lost value, generally.

Cheers.

Today on BBC..

'Lucky we didn't join the Euro..

look how they bully another State..'

Yeah, but the Greeks are gonna have to start admitting their income..and paying some of it to the Taxman..

Today on BBC..

'Lucky we didn't join the Euro..

look how they bully another State..'

Yeah, but the Greeks are gonna have to start admitting their income..and paying some of it to the Taxman..

You are more looking at 33-34 rather than 43-44. Parity with $

Talking with a mate in frankfurt last night,thay are expecting a big fall in the Euro at the end of the year. 25 to 28 would be norm.

cheesy.gif

Next year draghis euro weaken programm is finish in September but sadly the spaghetti man from the land of the pizza have possibility to extend the economy boost programm!

Where are facts of the capital outflow of the eu , of big company's that bring there money outside eu?

Difficult true information about this the capital outflow is much higher then the export winning of company's

Next year draghis euro weaken programm is finish in September but sadly the spaghetti man from the land of the pizza have possibility to extend the economy boost programm!

Where are facts of the capital outflow of the eu , of big company's that bring there money outside eu?

Difficult true information about this the capital outflow is much higher then the export winning of company's

Yeah! Maybe the spaghetti man from the land of Pizza had trouble exporting because it was 'pasta' it's sell by date rolleyes.gif

Talking with a mate in frankfurt last night,thay are expecting a big fall in the Euro at the end of the year. 25 to 28 would be norm.

cheesy.gif

The Goldmans will have the final laughter.

Its their numbers and they know how to manipulate the markets (see the Greece desaster).

All "those" US experts talk down the Euro.

I can not write what I mean with "those".

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/03/13/markets-euro-goldman-idUSL5N0WF1LD20150313

Edited by KhunBENQ

i wish "those" were right. but more than a year before that "sucking" statement of Goldman i went extremely long USD and short EUR. the writing on the wall existed and i can imagine parity, that's less than another -10% and this percentage does not necessarily apply to EUR/THB.

Of course there is "a chance", but it's very unlikely to happen anytime soon. Euro-zone needs to get its act together, which will take years. Or Thailand needs to really mess up (more than they already do).

Now that the Greeks postponed their inevitable Euro-exit with yet another bailout package, we are looking at 12-18 months of this nonsense. Then we will repeat the process "OMG, Greece has no money, just missed another payment, GDP has shrunk even more, unemployement is even higher!? What to do??".....

post-218806-0-49626700-1437733044_thumb.

Edited by bkksteve123

Thank the Lord us Brits never joined it. At the time we were told we were doomed if we didn't ,just like they keep telling us we are doomed if we leave the EU ,didn't believe them then ,don't believe them now

Great Britain did more quantitative easing than USA and EU!!!! British pound went down from around 70 to 52 baht, which means: you get ~26% baht less.

Euro went down from roughly 46 to 37: ~20% less.

Between March 2009 and January 2010 the Bank bought £200bn of assets, equivalent to about 14% of GDP to help breathe life into the UK economy following the credit crunch. Then in October 2011, faced with growing warnings of a double-dip recession and a eurozone crisis, policymakers voted to resume QE and pump another £75bn into the financial system, increasing the QE budget to £275bn.

But I agree: 1 currency for so many different countries has been a stupid idea

The stupid idea was letting Greece (and Italy, Portugal, Cyprus, etc) fudge their figures so that they were allowed in, without actually dealing with their productivity issues and huge public sector and the related over-spending.

The Euro itself was actually a good idea... (I still think)

That's right,they played hardball with the Greeks hoping they would leave the euro maybe even the EU, there is no mechanism to expell them

So we are stuck with them and they know it,given time they will be left

To sink or swim The German electorate will decide at there next general election if they are willing to keep throwing money at the Greeks.

Very good point but the German electorate really deserve this government. Their are no real alternatives

cheesy.gif

I dont find it at all funny. Especially when one has 200thk invested it, You really do come out with such a load of cxxx

cheesy.gif

I dont find it at all funny. Especially when one has 200thk invested it, You really do come out with such a load of cxxx

i know i'm a dummy and i am totally lost when amounts such as "200thk" are mentioned. to the best of my knowledge the currency code THK does not exist and the logical conclusion is it means "200thousand k = 200 million"... right? that's indeed a load of EUR!

by the way, i talked to a mate in Papua New Guinea and "they" are expecting a big fall of the Shrinkhead at the end of the year. something like 2,800 to 2,500 Cowrie Shells per head.

Hongkong?

the currency code for Hong Kong Dollar is HKD.

Is it really? Wow now we have a post. usualy as thick as two short planks And what do you know about shrunken heads???? not much I would say.

I see you are in with the in crowd,let see how long this post stays

Hongkong?

the currency code for Hong Kong Dollar is HKD.

Is it really? Wow now we have a post. usualy as thick as two short planks And what do you know about shrunken heads???? not much I would say.

I see you are in with the in crowd,let see how long this post stays

here's a real short plank laugh.png

Especially when one has 200thk invested it,

Is he a Rothchild? If not I do not believe he will know anything

Is he a Rothchild? If not I do not believe he will know anything

Well all we can do is hope he is wrong,,, But unfortunately, he/they get it right most times.