Is there any chance of Thai Baht getting to 1EUR=43-44 baht again?

Last year, Euro was 44.5 for one baht, because of the problems caused by red and yellow shirts ; maybe, if other political problems happen, we can have 40 bahts for one euro, but not 44 anymore

Personnally, as many Europeans, I hoped for a grexit ... but for people who think Euro will not last long, it will be difficult to leave Euro, it's more than money, it's a symbol ; many problems to solve, but we are attached to €

in the list given above, the guy who gave northen countries forgot Italy, France and Benelux : you can't think of Euro without these Euro founders

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My guess would be that the Euro will continue to weaken, though the baht seems to be weakening too - but nobody really has any idea - the markets dictate price and the current price is market value w/ half the people thinking one way and the other half the other...

Last year, Euro was 44.5 for one baht, because of the problems caused by red and yellow shirts ; maybe, if other political problems happen, we can have 40 bahts for one euro, but not 44 anymore

Personnally, as many Europeans, I hoped for a grexit ... but for people who think Euro will not last long, it will be difficult to leave Euro, it's more than money, it's a symbol ; many problems to solve, but we are attached to €

in the list given above, the guy who gave northen countries forgot Italy, France and Benelux : you can't think of Euro without these Euro founders

That was I.

On purpose I left out France and especially Italy !!!

Those countries do NOT have budgeting discipline, especially Italy.

Both countries have a budget deficit more than agreed.

And BeNeLux is not a country: I did mention Belgium, Netherlands and Luxembourg

That was I.

On purpose I left out France and especially Italy !!!

Those countries do NOT have budgeting discipline, especially Italy.

Both countries have a budget deficit more than agreed.

And BeNeLux is not a country: I did mention Belgium, Netherlands and Luxembourg

An odd claim to make. Italy's recent budget deficit is less than the US, UK, Germany, France, Japan, and Spain.

http://countryeconomy.com/deficit

A few posts removed.

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

Thank the Lord us Brits never joined it. At the time we were told we were doomed if we didn't ,just like they keep telling us we are doomed if we leave the EU ,didn't believe them then ,don't believe them now

You British keep yourself closing of from the world on your island. Brittisness is getting like Thainess.

Thank the Lord us Brits never joined it. At the time we were told we were doomed if we didn't ,just like they keep telling us we are doomed if we leave the EU ,didn't believe them then ,don't believe them now

You British keep yourself closing of from the world on your island. Brittisness is getting like Thainess.

Truth hurts,does it? The EU and the euro is fxxxx and also the fourth reich

looking at the events in Greece, Cyprus, Spain, Portugal, I would say yes that is definitely a possibility! A Grexit may have a huge impact on the legitimacy of the Euro and raise the value of THB:EUR

the opposite is true.

when the result of the negociations became known and it was clear Greece wouldn't exit the EUR, the EUR fell !

Oh, and in response to the OP, forget about the EUR gaining momentum in the next 2 to 3 years against the Baht, unless there is a black swan type event in Thailand.

Edited by manarak

Against your better judgement.

You have a Scot to thank for that.

His name_______________ Gordon Brown.

Truth hurts,does it? The EU and the euro is fxxxx and also the fourth reich

British = England + Scotland. Just one big happy family compared to Euroland.

Yes, 1 euro = 43b but in one year or two.

Chancellor Angela Merkel will not accept more the false promises of the Greek leaders. Behind her virtuous countries of Northern Europe will support she. It will be: either you accept the constraints either you leave or it is we who leave.

Faced with this threat southern countries living on credit will have to rebalance their accounts as a starting germany ruin them.

Furthermore too low Euro penalizes exports in dollar.

So sooner or later the euro will regain its 43 baht parity which may still increase if the Thai economy continues to decline.

I doubt it, their Greek contagion saga will go further yet, after all, they are just kicking the can down the road.

Their solution to a member who cannot repay a previous loan, lend them more.

Many years ago I spread my retirement funds between US$, CAD$ and GBP... Seems to be a pretty good mix for now... CAD $ down, US and GBP up. (in comparison to Baht) Still ticked at CAD$ and there total incompetence but what the hay, I can live. It's not much, but I'm not starving by a long shot.

Yes Sir !!

I was hoping for a clean and rapid Grexit . That would have lifted the Euro.

My life pension is paid in Euro and my lifesavings are in Euro in a SIN bank.

When the Greece financial bankrupt started developing five years ago I gave instructions to that SIN bank that should the Euro implode because of the f%^&* incapable Greeks my account was to be converted immediately in DM or whatever "New" EU currency that would include Germany.

Correct. A Greek exit would have strengthen the Euro, both in the medium and long term. But now, the EU seems intent on keeping Greece around, which means a few more years of Euro weakness. Good for German exports, not so good for EU pensioners in Thailand or anywhere else.

so was it a good idea to sell the home house & business and bring all the money overhere on a saving acount that gives 2% or more in stead of the almost 0 in europe ?

specially if you don't plan to ever go live in your home country again + money is here in baht, so euro conversion is not a problem anymore ...

Yes ,lucky arnt we .

Hi

i am italian, and my country change shape ,colors,dialets and foods,every 7 miles.How the italians can be unified?

i left from my country ,since 1993, because hidden powers generate income from centuries,corruption is just the iceberg visible.,how the rules,of the unified Italy, can regulate the italians?

24 different Europeans languages spoken, are enougth to say,we will never be EU?

Euro is ,la peggiore idea,to start the european union.Think first ,history,education,civilization,politcs,laws than, economies.

Since when we know that , south Europe differ from north, how we can manage same currency and living costs?

Big mistakes,change the future of many generations to come,but the euro will be the resource for many,why?

Euro was born to double the costs ,create debitors, with eternal rates to pay.With the collapse of industrial production and trade,the debit is the only way,to make profict.Greece have 60 years ahead of spreading debts with low quality life. its not a great prospective.

Sorry about my,english .

Ciao

Hi

i am italian, and my country change shape ,colors,dialets and foods,every 7 miles.How the italians can be unified?

i left from my country ,since 1993, because hidden powers generate income from centuries,corruption is just the iceberg visible.,how the rules,of the unified Italy, can regulate the italians?

24 different Europeans languages spoken, are enougth to say,we will never be EU?

Euro is ,la peggiore idea,to start the european union.Think first ,history,education,civilization,politcs,laws than, economies.

Since when we know that , south Europe differ from north, how we can manage same currency and living costs?

Big mistakes,change the future of many generations to come,but the euro will be the resource for many,why?

Euro was born to double the costs ,create debitors, with eternal rates to pay.With the collapse of industrial production and trade,the debit is the only way,to make profict.Greece have 60 years ahead of spreading debts with low quality life. its not a great prospective.

Sorry about my,english .

Ciao

You mention shape....... Why is Italy shaped like a boot?? You cant get that much sxxx in a shoe tongue.png Only a joke oksmile.png

Xenophobic nonsense.

Without Britain mainland Europe would be a German Empire.............. and could have been twice already.

Xenophobic nonsense.

Without Britain mainland Europe would be a German Empire.............. and could have been twice already.

They way they are going it could be third time lucky , but we will not be part of it .

Yes ,lucky arnt we .

Brits are not only lucky because they own the common wealth of important populous nations but also because they invented some sort of beer served lukewarm without foam, bitter orange marmalade and in one of the territories they conquered centuries ago a delicious speciality (rare and costly as Caspian caviar) is produced. the delicacy is called "haggis".

however, their claim that they invented something with "mites" is unjustified. the tiny little buggers "mites" exist since millions of years in all areas of this planet.

crazy.gif

You just can't beat that marmalade,even though many have tried,its like marmite,its the best,unlike that pretender Vegamite(although I must admit when we could not get marmite the wife thought it was quite nice) but then she is Thai, lol