Coffee house has right to charge overstaying fee

Lite Beer

I used to be a Starbucks badger too...

Until I tried Thai acid coffee.

Enjoy your acid reflux.

You're another one who assumes I see. Don't drink the stuff, tea and wine are my drinks of choice.

Really? How curious for you to say that since you are the one who blasted a starbucks coffee? How do you know how it tastes like? It's popular to bash Starbucks? Sadly I don't even think you drink wine and tea... you just like arguing with people on the internet proving your self worth. Pathetic.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clearly what is needed is some sort of booklet issued to the customers. Before being allowed to enter you line up at a desk and and an agent stamps it with the time you entered and the time you must leave by. Upon exiting, another agent inspects your entry stamp and, if all is well, stamps you out. If you have overstayed though, you will be directed into an office to pay a fine, and made to pay extra for the crack in the cup that wasn't there when they gave it to you. Those wishing to legally stay longer may apply for a long term entry, provided you can prove you have enough funds to support the amount of coffee you are expected to drink over that longer period. Persons holding this type of documentation may stay up to one full day before needing to renew it, however they must report to the counter every 90 minutes to get a piece of paper stapled into their booklets. This type of long term permit is only for social coffee drinkers. Those wishing to conduct a business meeting on the premises must hold the correct permit to do so. There will be regular patrols by coffee shop officials demanding to see the books and fining people for over staying, working without a permit, and littering. Those customers wanting a bit more out of their coffee experience may pay extra for an elite card, allowing them to bypass the queue at the desk, a free donut with every coffee, and someone will open the door for them when they enter and leave.

I used to be a Starbucks badger too...

Until I tried Thai acid coffee.

Enjoy your acid reflux.

You're another one who assumes I see. Don't drink the stuff, tea and wine are my drinks of choice.

Really? How curious for you to say that since you are the one who blasted a starbucks coffee? How do you know how it tastes like? It's popular to bash Starbucks? Sadly I don't even think you drink wine and tea... you just like arguing with people on the internet proving your self worth. Pathetic.

Curious, to whom? Why such nastiness? I said assume in relation to the acid reflux. Arguing, I'd suggest you check the meaning, nothing previously said fits the word but if you think so, then good luck to you.. Just telling you what it's like because I used to drink coffee and yes on occasions, Starbucks, so tell me, am I not allowed to criticise, or must I seek your forgiveness because I'm, according to you, bashing Starbucks. Why so unhappy? If you want to talk about bashing, then I suggest you look at your comment in regard to Thai acid. Here's another assumption of yours, sadly you don't even think I drink wine or tea and like arguing on the internet to prove one's self worth. And pathetic as well. You used the word think, I really feel that you cannot. Also, are you able to tell me why you find it necessary go into attack mode over such an insignificant thread?. Showing troll qualities are we?

• 4 weeks later...

I was sitting in a coffee club the other day for almost 3 hours when I met with a friend. We where talking and we don't see each other often. Really, even if the shop had a big poster with their rules on them I wouldn't know and would be mortified to have to pay extra like this. Really, the staff member who added the extra charge should have given the customer warning that it was going to happen or the business is at fault. You shouldn't be passive-aggressive with your customers. That said, I don't disagree with the charge.

Of course they have the right. Its their shop, their chairs and tables and their coffee. I am still amazed how completely childish the reaction in Thailand can be in understanding the customer supplier relationship.

Lets be honest, anyone reading the article can tell that this issue is not resolved by this ruling.

As a business, they can indeed charge anyone for using their premises for specific private function purposes.

Which is fine.

But if they are sitting in the same area as everyone else, paying for drinks an the only thing that's different is the topic of conversation, that's going to be a bit strange. Plus just as coffee shops are going to charge for meetings, so are customers going to claim they are just friends, this is Thailand after all.

At the end of the day let me just say IMHO Bon Cafe coffee is poor tasting and low quality.

276AF99200000578-3033900-Life_imitating_

I think these 2 chaps have just shared something weighing approximately a gram . . . coffee1.gif