Finding a : Good Thai Girlfriend/Wife

just to say before I start this is not a troll or wind up post,its a genuine serious question.

I have been to Thailand loads of times,tried to live there,but was never able to settle before but now at age 60 I want to find a long term partner.

Over the years I have read extensively threads on how to find a good thai women eg. nurses,shopping malls,etc etc etc etc.

My question is ...........Is there some kind of genuine matchmaking service where you can look for a partner,I live in Shanghai now and there are several that match

foreigners with Chinese ladies ( not that its worked for me).

Surely there must be something out there,I only found 1 company online, or is there any other way you can find a ... screened as genuine..

partner

Any information and or details of success stories would be much appreciated.

Here is hoping I do not get flamed for this post.

I believe that you can find good women in ANY place, not in a bar, but even in free online matchmaking sites like thaifriendly, tagged, and pof...and local events, temples, markets, fairs, are a good source if you are outgoing and courious.

I also believe that without a very good language skills and comunication the chances of a bad choice it is very posible. If you cannot learn Thai, look for a lady that speak good English...That also will be a sign of good education, if that is important for you. Too many women in Thailand looking for foreigners...for good and bad reasons..Take your time before any commitment...and be safe. Good luck.

Edited by BKResort

Never heard of a matchmaker service in Thailand but many dating web sites. I think with so many ladies looking for boyfriends and husbands that charging guys and setting up dates would not have much of a success rate at lease when it comes to men, not sure if women would want such a service. It is just too easy to find ladies on your own.

I suggest going online with one or more of the dating sites. Chat with a few hundred ladies and video chat with the ones who stand out. Take a holiday to Thailand but set up several dates beforehand. Don't fall for one lady too quickly, date at least 20 or 30 before you even think about a relationship. Watch out for warning signs like asking for money, jealousy issues, anger, drug use, etc etc....

Most important, don't let yourself fall into the bar girl scene . It is easy to get laid but just remember that the bar girls are for play only not for keeps.

Just be friendly, smile a lot, speak soft and polite, don't be too cheap, and the girl will come to you.... Good luck !

Edited by ttthailand

One more thing I might suggest. When you select your place to live in Thailand, if that's your plan, think about what kind of lady you are looking for. Pattaya and a few other tourist areas are party towns and they attract ladies who are into that type of life style. Some also have a huge sex industry that many of the ladies you see are involved in. I think you chances of finding a nice educated, none sex worker is less in towns like Pattaya. There are many nice cities that have nice girls who would like to meet a farang Bangkok is perhaps one of the best places. Millions of single ladies who have an education and work normal jobs are looking for a nice guy. Take your time and enjoy the candy store :)

Well, I found my missus in a bar and she's pretty decent as a wife and mother. She wasn't a hooker, by the way. Her family are great to live near too.

My EX was a qualified school teacher and she (and her family) tried to steal every penny they could from me. She was also a proper harlot. She had many ATM's (westerners) going at the same time and she did a fair job spreading the STDs around (I should know facepalm.gif)

Just some food for thought.

P.S. I know of a guy who is going through the same thing right now with his "school teacher girlfirend." cheesy.gif

Never heard of a matchmaker service in Thailand but many dating web sites. I think with so many ladies looking for boyfriends and husbands that charging guys and setting up dates would not have much of a success rate at lease when it comes to men, not sure if women would want such a service. It is just too easy to find ladies on your own.

I suggest going online with one or more of the dating sites. Chat with a few hundred ladies and video chat with the ones who stand out. Take a holiday to Thailand but set up several dates beforehand. Don't fall for one lady too quickly, date at least 20 or 30 before you even think about a relationship. Watch out for warning signs like asking for money, jealousy issues, anger, drug use, etc etc....

Most important, don't let yourself fall into the bar girl scene . It is easy to get laid but just remember that the bar girls are for play only not for keeps.

Just be friendly, smile a lot, speak soft and polite, don't be too cheap, and the girl will come to you.... Good luck !

I agree, not same me with a bar girl founded in Pattaya...

..... once having found "the nice lady", tell her that you have to live on a budget equivalent to a BKK Taxi Driver and live accordingly with her. If she is still around after 6 months = you have found your "jewel". The chances of this happening are practically zero. BECAUSE:

- Given exactly the same circumstances: The "nice Thai-Lady" would marry the BKK Taxi-Driver and not the Farang in the first place.

- I don't know where the "myth" comes from, that Thai-Ladies like to marry Farangs. It's the "better life" that the Farang can offer, as opposed to the Thai Taxi-Driver.

To a Farang, "love" is a matter of the heart.

In Thailand it's like this: A long term Farang Resident once asked his wife: "Do you love me?" Her reply: "Of course I love you, you provide for me and my family for so many years, why should I not love you and why are you asking me such a stupid question?"

Clearly, the good "Provider-Syndrome" reigns and has little to do with "Matters of the Heart" as we Farangs understand it. Not to forget: A hundred years ago, marriages were based on the same principle in Europe ! No kidding !

Farangs, not understanding or not willing to accept this segment of "Thainess", are well advised to go to the library frequently and rent out books at a reasonable cost, instead of buying THE book, not knowing how much THE book will cost over the years.

OP, are you getting the drift ?

Cheers.

To try to give a practical answer and actually help the OP

1 If you have ExPat friends who are happy in their relationship with their Thai ladies, then ask them for contact details of suitable candidates that they may well be aware of, good and genuine ladies are out there who have recently become bereaved through pure natural causes and in them you can find a partner who is accustomed to being with a Farang and have learnt all that would be of benefit to you, especially at your age, personal pre knowledge of these ladies is primary, even essential for you

2 Wherever you find a partner ask yourself why would you at your age need to actually get married.

3 When you find the lady you are looking for its still going to be a matter of pure luck if you manage to pull the arrangement together

4 From my experiences of my friends here , it seem that the best relationships are where the lady is a long time girlfriend and the balance of power rests with the Farang.

Once you settle everything in her name even if she is a good and wholesome lady you will still be at the wrong end of the negotiation table.

Look at it this way, if you are staying or visiting somewhere for a few weeks or a few months you RENT transport or a place to stay, you dont BUY one.

Same applies here, RENT my friend no need to consider BUYING. And there are rentals all around you, some or indeed many may have higher mileage, more than one previous owner, but still cable of giving good service and a comfortable ride without BUYING one.

It is cheaper and less hassle to RENT, dont BUY and if you get any maintenance issues, just go rent another.

Edited by RolandRat

There is a lot of good information in the above answers. I really like Chiang Mai and the looking ladies seem to gravitate here. Bangkok yuck. I came here at age 70 sooo you have a good head start age wise. You should live here to meet the best ladies. I have found that when you mention your living some where else they chill at the idea. They want you 24/7/365 in Thailand although some working guys have a good relationship. A good relationship is built on trust. Some will say they love you and please send money. I finally found a nice young lady on Thai Love Links. She checked off all the boxes that I had there were only 3. 1. Speak good English, 2. not working living with me, and 3. no children been there done that. She was a bit young but has worked out beautifully. At your age I would skip my second step about working as when I pass on she will have a hard time getting back into the swing of things so to speak unless she finds a nice guy like me fast. She will be left some money but I am not a millionaire. If you ask for the same 3 things you are automatically eliminate 90% of the ladies here so be patient and wait. Before she moved in we came to a mutual agreement and we both stick to it and have for the last 40 months. I find this works best and stops future problems. She is a great gal and I am resigned to the fact that she must move on after I push up daisies. The only thing that bothers me is that she is such a sweet gentle person trusting and she in the future might suffer at the hands of some foreign b**t**d and there are lots out there. Her mother often asks her why she does not find someone younger and her answer is "with this man I know he will not tire of me and kick me out after 3 months" She did have an earlier relationship with a young Don Juan and this did take a toll on her when she found out his "true colors" Good Luck on your search. You were lucky to get some good advice above. You should hit the ground running but hang onto your wallet.

There is a lot of good information in the above answers. I really like Chiang Mai and the looking ladies seem to gravitate here. Bangkok yuck. I came here at age 70 sooo you have a good head start age wise. You should live here to meet the best ladies. I have found that when you mention your living some where else they chill at the idea. They want you 24/7/365 in Thailand although some working guys have a good relationship. A good relationship is built on trust. Some will say they love you and please send money. I finally found a nice young lady on Thai Love Links. She checked off all the boxes that I had there were only 3. 1. Speak good English, 2. not working living with me, and 3. no children been there done that. She was a bit young but has worked out beautifully. At your age I would skip my second step about working as when I pass on she will have a hard time getting back into the swing of things so to speak unless she finds a nice guy like me fast. She will be left some money but I am not a millionaire. If you ask for the same 3 things you are automatically eliminate 90% of the ladies here so be patient and wait. Before she moved in we came to a mutual agreement and we both stick to it and have for the last 40 months. I find this works best and stops future problems. She is a great gal and I am resigned to the fact that she must move on after I push up daisies. The only thing that bothers me is that she is such a sweet gentle person trusting and she in the future might suffer at the hands of some foreign b**t**d and there are lots out there. Her mother often asks her why she does not find someone younger and her answer is "with this man I know he will not tire of me and kick me out after 3 months" She did have an earlier relationship with a young Don Juan and this did take a toll on her when she found out his "true colors" Good Luck on your search. You were lucky to get some good advice above. You should hit the ground running but hang onto your wallet.

What are you talking about?
It's bad enough the guy's looking for love in Thailand at 60 but you make it sound like he should hire a lawyer to draw up a contract he can whip out on dates.
The guy ain't looking for cut-price home nursing; he's looking for a woman to actually love him, not an employee.

There's A physical dating site in Bangkok. I forget the name.You could probably find it thru google.Might be worth A try.Maybe

Go to University libraries.Might want to learn Thai fluently.Most women in Thailand are conservative.They aren't going to be free

With you unles they believe your the one.

60 year old bloke asks on pay-your-way, sexpat central how to find a decent Thai woman

This should be a classic

If this is pay-your-way sexpat central, why are you here? Is this site/forum just entertainment for the Thai farang ubermensch set?

I get entertainment from it as well. I put up a post saying like "I give the young Thai GF some money to buy SPY and then leave me alone" and then wait to see which peckerheads come out of the woodwork on schedule.

Edited by JLCrab

Hi All,

Thanks for all the helpful replies.

It has been said to me many times,just wait,if you are a decent guy and they will find you.I am in good shape,still run half marathons etc.

So I am just going to have to be patient.

Also the ....rental route really appeals to me...

so, I have taken all your advice on board,cheers.

OP

Make sure she works and has a secure job, you don't want to be financially responsible for them or their family, although there is nothing wrong with giving them treats from time to time.

There are plenty of older expats who are well off financially and have good pensions who can pick and chose beautiful Thai girls, more than thirty years younger than them, and not just from bars.

There is nothing wrong with that if these older expats want to finance a wife and support their parents, you should get well looked after in return, but do not support financially, brothers, sisters etc, who are fit to work.

Just carry out a bit of due diligence on any girl and her family before you start buying houses, cars etc. Preferably rent a place first. My wifes house was half built when I first met her, then when I

was happy that I would not be financially responsible for anybody, i went and paid off the mortgage, bought a new truck for both of us, then a motorbike for myself.

You can be really happy over here if you use common sense, especially with your finances. Keep using Thaivisa also, as there is lots of help about visas, cars, houses etc.

Good replay

Are you sure there wasn't a 4th box? As young as possible, lol?