Ubc Stations Out Since Late Last Night

Upcountry

I wonder if this is the same everywhere in Thailand or just a local problem.

I was watching the news about Thailand on CNN last night when the signal was lost. BBC was out too. All channels are out or "searching for satellite signal" except for Thai stations dedicated to music or announcements. It's still that way this morning. I unplugged my UBC box for a while and plugged it back in, but that didn't make any difference.

It was fun waking up to a speaker on the street blasting music and announcements in Thai!

FOX is still running along with all cable channels, so it's just UBC for some reason. I don't think Toxin shut off his satellite when they fired him. :o

Anyone else having the same problem?

Well, this is interesting. My UBC channels seem to be coming back. The movie channels, etc., are back, not sure if all channels are back. But I am sure of this: CNN, BBC, CNBC are NOT back. Higher and lower channels are functioning, but not these.

Not a fan of this.

:o

Well, this is interesting. My UBC channels seem to be coming back. The movie channels, etc., are back, not sure if all channels are back. But I am sure of this: CNN, BBC, CNBC are NOT back. Higher and lower channels are functioning, but not these.

Not a fan of this.

:o

same here, in bangkok. thai tv is back. soaps will be back on then. that ought to prevent rioting.

Fon tok :o

Mai jing.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=6105527

The above is a National Public Radio "Talk of the Nation" segment covering the coup in "real time" during what was the middle of our night last night. Interesting interview with the Thailand corresponent to the Straits Times.

He mentioned the blocking of CNN, etc.

Edited by Upcountry