2011 BMW series 3 diesel

maanoi

Make sure when you buy a car the date given is the year of manufacture. Plenty of Grey Imports pass this off as it was the year it was registered after getting shipped in in pieces and stuck back together. Sometimes age is out buy 3 years or more. There are too many cars up for sale on One2car which give a bogus date... bah.gif

Make sure when you buy a car the date given is the year of manufacture. Plenty of Grey Imports pass this off as it was the year it was registered after getting shipped in in pieces and stuck back together. Sometimes age is out buy 3 years or more. There are too many cars up for sale on One2car which give a bogus date... bah.gif

Well, I would go even further. Makes sure its a BMW from Thailand, and it should still have about one year left of BSI. If not, I would find another one.

I have a 520D, quite happy with the amount of torque and how reliable it is compare to normal petrol engines. Talk to the service tech, they said they have less problems with diesel engines compare to petrol, probably because it runs cooler hence less problems.

But the engine noise is quite loud on my 2006, believe it or not my 2014 dmax is more quite and less vibration.

Edited by mike324

By the way....A friend of mine is selling her 2009 BMW SUV X3 Diesel with just 55000Km, white, top of the line, bought brand new from the BMW dealership in Chiang Mai, all records and in immaculate condition for 1 mill.

Any interest? Let me know,

Edited by BKResort

Funny guys buying german diesel...

A diesel engine with 184hp, pushing 450nm, reving all the way to 5500 RPM. I tuned my to around 220hp, and still getting 17km to the litre. Yes, its very fun! ;)

Did you get one of those chips for it?

A diesel engine with 184hp, pushing 450nm, reving all the way to 5500 RPM. I tuned my to around 220hp, and still getting 17km to the litre. Yes, its very fun! wink.png

Just program the chip that is already in there. Its called ECU tuning. Before it was a problem on cars newer than 2010-2011, but now they have cracked it, and all BMW's can be tuned.

Edited by mortenaa

A diesel engine with 184hp, pushing 450nm, reving all the way to 5500 RPM. I tuned my to around 220hp, and still getting 17km to the litre. Yes, its very fun! wink.png

Just program the chip that is already in there. Its called ECU tuning. Before it was a problem on cars newer than 2010-2011, but now they have cracked it, and all BMW's can be tuned.

Did you get that done in Thailand? If so is it done by BMW (thus not voiding warrenty)?

Did you get that done in Thailand? If so is it done by BMW (thus not voiding warrenty)?

I have the same questions:

Where did you have this done? I would be interested in getting my BMW F15 ECU Tuned.

Is there any issue with potentially Voiding BMW's Warranty ?

It's definitely not done by BMW. PM for information.

It's very hard for BMW to find out. They have to specifically look for it. It can also be reversed. Besides my dealer is ok with it, so no problems there.

Edited by mortenaa