do you think Bangkok (Khrung Thep) is full of greatness?

srl1

I enjoyed Thailand/Bangkok back in 2005-2010 ALOT. Fantastic clubs and bar scene then, up to around 2011 with Glowbar.

Now less so.. I guess I now feel old next to the 20 something thai's shopping in Emporium. Any tips for young at heart guys approaching middle age?

Edited by fish fingers

I moved here one month ago, before that I had visited Bangkok only a few times for a few days at a time. I never wanted to move here. The pollution, in my opinion, is not all that bad. It's the traffic. Sure if you're stuck behind a couple two stroke mopeds and a bus the initial blast from exhaust is annoying, but it goes away. If I'm not on my bike, I don't get the sense this is a polluted city. But it's the traffic, the traffic is insane. Always someone in the same spot you are trying to get to the same place you are. It's frustrating for me. I guess it depends on where you're from. I'm not from a large city originally, and I never liked large cities. I'm looking into getting a studio in another province as I type. I need out of here from time to time.

I don't think they envisioned Khao San when they wrote that name.

who is khao san Songhua? what do you mean?

He means when they came up with the full name of the city, he doesn't think they envisaged things like Khao San Road.

I've lived here for ten years and have a love / hate relationship with the place. Monday morning rush hour, I hate Bangkok, however, Friday night, I wouldnt want to be anywhere else. I also used to work on the Kirkby Idustrial Estate in the Uk so it's an improvement on that.

"do you think Bangkok (Khrung Thep) is full of greatness?"

cheesy.gif

dont laugh at bangkok xd

and the rest, yep it has like 8 millions people, i dont like pollution affects lumbs turn them black not like tobacco but in a big way

for me seems very great but the pollution is not great

ok i didnt know what was khao san i thought it was a god or something lol

He means when they came up with the full name of the city, he doesn't think they envisaged things like Khao San Road.

he is a troll, read his barefoot article

People throw the word troll around way too much. I don't think it means what you think it means- like his follow up post in this thread is the least-troll like post someone could make ('I like Bangkok except for the pollution'). An actual troll would have twisted the knife there, thrown the thread into disarray.

Weirdly enough the constant cry of 'troll' across ThaiVisa manages to derail threads way better than any troll could hope for... it's like rain, on your wedding day etc ;)

If you live in a nice area and apartment, near a BTS or MRT (maybe near a river taxi port), I think it is a pretty fun and laid back big city with some interesting stuff to do. I would hate to drive there (have done it, and never will again, fingers crossed). I live up country now and do miss having more options in terms of food and all. Mainly, it is the transportation that you would have to consider when making a move, but that goes for most large cities.

i am not, my barefoot post is real, i do go barefoot even compete barefoot, its my first goal in life, seriously, laugh at me or judge i dont care