American fraud fugitive Theodore Werner arrested in Phuket

webfact

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One less "self-made" internet genius posting here?

That is a really great observation, because of course people working off the internet are fraudsters.
I actually took this news report as one more fat wealthy elitist who can't write his address is Thai being removed. Don't feel offended if that doesn't fit you.
five-five-five

Hmmmm a lot has to be said here. I never stop reading from people on T.Visa about Pattaya and its sleaze. The truth is, yes it does attract a certain clientele to the inner city, ''beach, 2nd and 3rd road areas'' however these are simply branded as sex tourists because of the Pattaya sex reputation. Both Phuket and Hua Hin have the same tourist. What does strike me is that the type of people one would not wish to cross always seem to head to Phuket. Gangsters paradise springs to mind.

Picked the wrong country, for once. Should have been like Robert Vesco who ran off with $200 million in the 70's to Cuba. Oh wait, Cuba is opening up again... must be some good place for crook to hang out without being bothered....

Open your eyes and read the story. He used the internet to call people, that sounds like Skype to me. Hardly an internet scam.

Anyway, he is simply accused. He may never be convicted of anything, for all we know he could be totally innocent.

He deserves to be treated as innocent until proven guilty. The guys who are saying he should spend time in a BKK jail are obviously incredibly stupid and do not understand the difference between being accused and convicted.

Edited by technologybytes

Never fails to amaze me that people on the run always choose a place like Phuket instead of some where less visible.

I agree with you, but I guess 2 000 000 US $ gives you a lot more pleasures in a place like Phuket than in the bush....????

Anyway, he did the mistake most fugitives do.....! you are right.....

Never fails to amaze me that people on the run always choose a place like Phuket instead of some where less visible.

much more visible in the backcountry. Little kids start crying when they see a farang.

That is a really great observation, because of course people working off the internet are fraudsters.
I actually took this news report as one more fat wealthy elitist who can't write his address is Thai being removed. Don't feel offended if that doesn't fit you.
five-five-five

Ummmm ... "five-five-five" ?????????????????????????????

That makes no sense ... ha ha ha.

Let us know when you get that joke.

The police guy with the mic looks like singing the national anthem of the fugitives on the run who

got caught....

Geeh, I did not know that. Fugitives on the run have a national anthem?clap2.gif

Oh say can you see,

By computer's dim light,

I've been drinking all day

and scamming all night.

Oh say does that Paypal

Password still work?

Now I'm going to jail

ouch, that's gonna hurt!

I think Thailand is one of the worst places to enter if you are a crook on the run or even an asylum seeker.

When located (and they have ways of knowing where you live now), you are bundled back on to a plane from whence you came, without a moments thought for any personal considerations .

No extradition hearings nor refugee claims slow down the process here.

There is most certainly extradition for those countries with whom Thailand has a treaty. The US is one, so is the UK ..

The key word in my post is "hearings". While there maybe formal extradition treaties, it appears miscreants don't get to argue the merits of their case against removal in the judicial system with the assistance of a lawyer.

Instead, as in this case, virtually everyone is on a temporary visa which they simply cancel, and then deport.

Edited by Old Croc

Hmmmm a lot has to be said here. I never stop reading from people on T.Visa about Pattaya and its sleaze. The truth is, yes it does attract a certain clientele to the inner city, ''beach, 2nd and 3rd road areas'' however these are simply branded as sex tourists because of the Pattaya sex reputation. Both Phuket and Hua Hin have the same tourist. What does strike me is that the type of people one would not wish to cross always seem to head to Phuket. Gangsters paradise springs to mind.

Phuket is a much nicer place even for retired gangsters.

Practising gangsters prefer Pattaya.

Another thief away to face justice in the USA which is probably a bit better than Thai justice or is it possible to buy your way out of a crime state side same as Thailand and buy your innocence .

five-five-five

Ummmm ... "five-five-five" ?????????????????????????????

That makes no sense ... ha ha ha.

Let us know when you get that joke.

I didn't mean to use such high-brow humour on you, bangkokequity. Say the numbers in Thai, and you will get it.

I would insert a joke about your inability to have figured that out, but I'm afraid it will be over your head again.