Patong Landmark Hotel / Kata Group

GiantFan

I just read that a 1.5 billion baht project will start in September for a combined hotel / community mall in Patong. They mentioned 1 year to complete, which seems very pie in the sky.

Not many big pieces of land left in Patong. Was thinking maybe that plot opposite Jungceylon on Baanzan Road/ Sai Kor corner. I think I saw some construction there last year, so maybe not.

I've always wondered about that huge plot that is between the sewerage plant / OTOP bars / Montana hotel. They fenced it off many years ago, but no development.

Any other ideas?

Just what we need in Patong.

Actually quite a few big plots still around, just generally hidden by roadside buildings. But yes , when i saw article i was just shaking my head as well, not only at timescales but also just seems like a bad idea at the moment

At the corner of Sawatdirak Road and Thaweewong Road (Beach Road)??

Yes, I'm thinking it might be the same place. That's a very big plot of land that's been razed in preparation for building something. A resort/shopping complex would be a good fit for that plot given the size and location (not that Patong needs any more shopping or hotels/guesthouses).