Thai govt says Yingluck free to attend Thaksin's birthday abroad

webfact

555 just like the rains bring out the croaking fronts at night, so the mention of the good and the great disenfranchised people's choices in Thailand politics brings out the harpies and haters on Thai Visa. Well, love you all some Suthep and the Prime Moaner along with the cancer ridden but won't die judiciary and the monstrosities of power hiding behind the curtains.

Long live Yingluck Shinawatra and Thaksin and the worthies that follow them no matter how vile their opposition. Better than you lot on your best day. Keep foaming at the mouth like dogs with rabies, shows your breeding.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

555 just like the rains bring out the croaking fronts at night, so the mention of the good and the great disenfranchised people's choices in Thailand politics brings out the harpies and haters on Thai Visa. Well, love you all some Suthep and the Prime Moaner along with the cancer ridden but won't die judiciary and the monstrosities of power hiding behind the curtains.

Long live Yingluck Shinawatra and Thaksin and the worthies that follow them no matter how vile their opposition. Better than you lot on your best day. Keep foaming at the mouth like dogs with rabies, shows your breeding.

Your hero in action

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBDm-jA3N80

I'll have whatever he's having ! clap2.gif

there appears to be a lot of political knowalls on thai visa and I wonder how long most of you have actually been in Thailand 5 minutes here and you know everything .

Funny comment. The truth is that there are quite a few TV members who have been here, working, raising a family, etc., for many years (35 yrs plus) and have been following every little detail of Thai politics all that time.

Nothing wrong with that.

Now of course we will get the usual comments about '...but you can't vote, so why do you have any comment about Thai politics...'.

there appears to be a lot of political knowalls on thai visa and I wonder how long most of you have actually been in Thailand 5 minutes here and you know everything .

Well, every monkey on a leash is entitled to its opinion,, scorecard has been around a few months, almost as long as I. In fact I've been here 10 minutes longer than you and I know SFArolleyes.gif

seems I arrived 10 minutes before you and when it comes to Thai politics I also know SFA.

"her brother Thaksin Shinawatra, another former PM who is currently living in a self-imposed exile to avoid a corruption conviction."

Why cannot they report correctly. He is not in self-imposed exile to avoid a corruption conviction, he is there to avoid gong to prison for two years after he was convicted. Get it right

Agree, get it right.

Plus, he was not convicted for corruption, those numerous cases have not yet been heard because he fled.

He was convicted on a different and serious charge, abuse of authority.

Correct

and it should read ... former PM, a convicted criminal and a fugitive from justice .....

I like the idea that spending a lot of time in Thailand would make a person more knowledgeable about politics. Also, a person doesn't need to have spent decades in prison to recognise liars, larcenists and bandits.

For example, Thaksin's war on drugs, is often viewed more realistically by people who have never even set foot here. Where I come from, executing thousands of people without trial, randomly executing lottery-winners just because they had got suddenly wealthy, is what we daft foreigners call "crimes against humanity." Committing these atrocities as a populist career-move, is evil, and this is clear to anybody regardless of how long they have or have not been living in a specific nation.

coffee1.gif

Edited by Yunla

Have a huge party. Let them all leave. Then cancel there passports and sieze eveything they own....

This is exactly what they should do with "Farangs" who don't contribute to the country anything else than b*llsh*t.

She is a lovely lady and if she goes to the party, she will come back. This will be a slap in the face of all those who are afraid of her popularity, and want to see her go as they know that they cannot beat her in any election. What an evil small minded lot they are. coffee1.gif

I like the idea that spending a lot of time in Thailand would make a person more knowledgeable about politics. Also, a person doesn't need to have spent decades in prison to recognise liars, larcenists and bandits.

For example, Thaksin's war on drugs, is often viewed more realistically by people who have never even set foot here. Where I come from, executing thousands of people without trial, randomly executing lottery-winners just because they had got suddenly wealthy, is what we daft foreigners call "crimes against humanity." Committing these atrocities as a populist career-move, is evil, and this is clear to anybody regardless of how long they have or have not been living in a specific nation.

coffee1.gif

Could always go down to Surat Thani and hide in a temple i suppose. whistling.gifcoffee1.gif

She left the country before and all the TS bashers were sure she wouldn't come back, but she did. The Junta wants her to go..... "take our ex PM...... please!". I'm sure they have plenty of dirt on the current top dogs here.... hate for truth to come out about them.

As far as "convicted criminal" goes, that might be worth something in a country with independent judiciary and rule of law, but we have yet to see that appear here. I would guess that "abuse of power" charges could easily be brought against the whole current bunch running this monkey house. Seems staging a coup is abuse of power, for openers.... military is supposed to be subordinate to elected government in most countries...

Last observation: Is there a Fox News yellow shirt version here? The unbridled hatred from Taksin haters sounds just like Fox addicts rants about that Obama fellow....

She is a lovely lady and if she goes to the party, she will come back. This will be a slap in the face of all those who are afraid of her popularity, and want to see her go as they know that they cannot beat her in any election. What an evil small minded lot they are. coffee1.gif

She's a proven repeated liar, a perjurer and has shown zero concern for any of the poor whose lives have been made worse by her brother's machinations. She enjoys the same very privileged life she's always enjoyed thank to the fruits of those same machinations.

Your idea of "lovely" is presumably based on your world view. You must have led and interesting life to come up with a view like that.

coffee1.gif

Could always go down to Surat Thani and hide in a temple i suppose. whistling.gifcoffee1.gif

She was shit scared to go there when she was Prime Minister and Defense Minister so she'd be even more scared now without state protection, just her legion of private bodyguards.

Shes still looking good. Would be nice if the Thai people had a say in whether they want her in politics or not.

you should ask thai educated people which not related on 500,- election compensation !!!

And may we should ask...

Thai educated people...

Or educated Thai people???

Makes a huge difference...

She left the country before and all the TS bashers were sure she wouldn't come back, but she did. The Junta wants her to go..... "take our ex PM...... please!". I'm sure they have plenty of dirt on the current top dogs here.... hate for truth to come out about them.

As far as "convicted criminal" goes, that might be worth something in a country with independent judiciary and rule of law, but we have yet to see that appear here. I would guess that "abuse of power" charges could easily be brought against the whole current bunch running this monkey house. Seems staging a coup is abuse of power, for openers.... military is supposed to be subordinate to elected government in most countries...

Last observation: Is there a Fox News yellow shirt version here? The unbridled hatred from Taksin haters sounds just like Fox addicts rants about that Obama fellow....

Thaksin cheated, broke the law, got caught, convicted and legged it, breaking his solemn promise that he wouldn't.

All the Thakisn lovers come on whining "he's innocent, it's not a good law, everyone's against him, all those who dare post negative comments are politically motivated, fascist Junta fans, he never did wrong and Yingluck's never told a lie in her life".

Get real. He was convicted for one offence and has 15 serious criminal charges waiting in the courts. He tried to bribe the judges and then ran when they wouldn't be bought.

And you lot look up to him like he's some saintly hero of the people and swallow his bullshit PR.

If you want a real debate on the inadequate Thai political and justice systems fine. Or the inherent corruption that pervades all facets of life, regardless of political persuasion. Or the social injustices of the hierarchical patronage system where money and connections are power. Start a thread and we'll discuss. But please don't trot out the Thaksin is innocent fairy stories and expect no reaction - most of us have been here a long time and seen his career unfold. And he's never bothered much about covering the warts.

Interesting that the inference is that if Yingluck asks the government permission to travel they would grant it. Even though on a previous trip she broke the conditions and change itinerary without informing them. They would trust her again, how sweet.

However, she would also have to apply to the court hearing her trial and they may impose a very bail as she's related to a fugitive who jumped bail and will be associating with him.

In a real country, she would be treated in accordance with the law, exactly the same as every one else. But as we know, all hiso elites are treated individually here, so who knows.

Thaksin cheated, broke the law, got caught, convicted and legged it, breaking his solemn promise that he wouldn't.

All the Thakisn lovers come on whining "he's innocent, it's not a good law, everyone's against him, all those who dare post negative comments are politically motivated, fascist Junta fans, he never did wrong and Yingluck's never told a lie in her life".

Get real. He was convicted for one offence and has 15 serious criminal charges waiting in the courts. He tried to bribe the judges and then ran when they wouldn't be bought.

And you lot look up to him like he's some saintly hero of the people and swallow his bullshit PR.

If you want a real debate on the inadequate Thai political and justice systems fine. Or the inherent corruption that pervades all facets of life, regardless of political persuasion. Or the social injustices of the hierarchical patronage system where money and connections are power. Start a thread and we'll discuss. But please don't trot out the Thaksin is innocent fairy stories and expect no reaction - most of us have been here a long time and seen his career unfold. And he's never bothered much about covering the warts.

cheesy.gif so naive.. so dumb...

The NCPO stated some time ago that, once Yingluck's issues were under court jurisdiction, the NCPO would leave it to court discretion as to whether or not to allow her to leave the country. This the NCPO has just reiterated. That some people (including some red shirts) believe that the NCPO, the courts and most government agencies are all the same thing is a separate issue.

Fair enough, but the pertinent question here is whether the courts can truly act independently under the current circumstances (especially with all the talk of sections granting absolute power, etc.). That's where the concerns lie, regardless of what an NCPO spokesman says.

"her brother Thaksin Shinawatra, another former PM who is currently living in a self-imposed exile to avoid a corruption conviction."

Why cannot they report correctly. He is not in self-imposed exile to avoid a corruption conviction, he is there to avoid gong to prison for two years after he was convicted. Get it right

Agree, get it right.

Plus, he was not convicted for corruption, those numerous cases have not yet been heard because he fled.

He was convicted on a different and serious charge, abuse of authority.

But self exiled . To avoid convictionon one charge and to avoid possible conviction on numerous more! Where is the statement not correct?

The problem I have with this oft repeated point is that I have never seen any poster claim that Thaksin is indeed innocent !!

Ive not even read any post even supporting Thaksin !!!!!

There are plenty of posts that don't support the Junta but never have I seen one that actually supports Thaksin !!!!

So why do Thaksin haters keep deriding Thaksin 'fans' when in fact there aren't any ?????

Most longtime expats (including me ) laughed at Thaksins foibles when he was in full flow more than 10 years ago. Nobody actually supported him at all and they don't support him now !!!!

Why is it then that posters who object to the Junta are labelled 'Thaksin' lovers ? It's a pure nonsense !!

It actually amazes me that those so vehemently opposed to the Shinawatra family are so pro military junta (in this case basically one man rule-don't dare use the D word). Sure there are no demonstrations and things are "peaceful" because no one is allowed to voice their opinion in the streets, in the newspapers, TV or radio. This junta has created some populist programs that were condemned when the Shinawatras did it. No one has brought up the fact that there is still rampant corruption but now different people feeding off it. Since the coup little has changed, and some things have gotten worse. Human trafficking still takes place, airline safety is a concern, bribery, prostitution, still in everyone's face. No one complains how the military rulers have accumulated their wealth or how they got to their positions. Talk about hypocrisy. Yes it is peaceful in the streets. At least with an elected government the people got was they voted for as bad as it may have been. As things are now, it is just a different set of people running the show and feeding out of the public trough.