The New Toyota Fortuna Fuel Gauge

Toyota Thailand announced that is supplying all new Toyota Fortunas for the Thai market with a regional specific fuel gauge.

A spokesman for Toyota said that Toyota recognized local practices and adapts their vehicles to that demography.

post-228437-0-01407800-1437476486_thumb.

Don't know how many out there ever lend a Thai a car, but not once in 12 years has it ever come back with the same amount of fuel that it left in, and no, it never came back with more!

The first time I hired a car (a jeep in Phuket) I picked it up and it ran out of fuel at the end of the street.

I have loaned my pick up to my wife's relatives many times, in good faith, it usually comes back with enough fuel to almost get to the nearest pit stop, it often comes back with the 4 wheel drive engaged, God only knows why. I would never do that, if I borrow a car I make sure to fill it up when I am finished, the least I can do.

I did however have one positive moment hiring a car here from North Wheels (They rent out private cars from people that are not using them)

I hired a Mazda Pickup and some sod broke the nearside flasher with a trolley at Tesco, I had to hand the car back at CM Airport late at night and probably could have gotten away with it by saying nothing.

However, I told and showed the hire guy the damage, which was supposed to incur something like 2500 Baht charge.

They phoned the Thai owner, he came out looked at the damage and phoned a friend, (Thanked me for being honest) he waived the 2K Charge and said 500 Baht would cover it!

amazed!

There are good and bad everywhere, and I am not picking on Thais, but I have never in 16 years ever got into a Thai vehicle that has a full tank! The first thing they do if you need to travel more than 5KM is look for a fuel stop. I used to fly back from China regularly and pick up a taxi at CM airport, my place is about 40km out, the first thing the taxi does is look for gas! The tanks are running on fumes.

Edited by Vogele123

I've been honest with damage apart from once, in Spain. I used EasyCar and found the service guy really rude. Plus EasyJet had made me 3 hrs late.

Unfortunately I made a slight rear/side dent from reversing into a hidden pole. So I cleaned this side and left the undamaged side dirty. It worked a dream, the guy was convinced I was hiding something on the dirty side but in the end signed the car off. I think that was a Karma moment personally

Edited by fish fingers

I've been honest with damage apart from once, in Spain. I used EasyCar and found the service guy really rude. Plus EasyJet had made me 3 hrs late.

Unfortunately I made a slight rear/side dent from reversing into a hidden pole. So I cleaned this side and left the undamaged side dirty. It worked a dream, the guy was convinced I was hiding something on the dirty side but in the end signed the car off. I think that was a Karma moment personally

So rude staff and a delay justifies fraud. Suspect the karma is yet to come.