Running belt Sushi

Anthony5

I have friends over who want to experience the all you can eat sushi from a running belt.I recall there was such a restaurant at the Central Festival, but couldn't find it the other day.

Is this formula available somewhere in Pattaya?

The one at Central was boarded up when we went last week... Unless I was having a senior moment and missed it.

That would be bad news for my friends. If anyone could confirm would save us some time from going there.

Is it correct that there is a similar establishment at Tesco South Pattaya?

1. The one at Tesco Lotus South is the best. We have been there countless times. Its on the ground floor, right side of the complex.

Incidentally we have been to all of them in Pattaya, even counting the Robot Restaurant in Central Mall. Which is probably worth the experience once.

Still in all we prefer Tesco South. We foundly call it "Around and Around".

Edited by marmaduke

There is one in Big C on 2nd Road opposite Soi 2.

Thanks, do you know by any chance if the price is similar to the one at Central, which on the website shows 215 Baht?

Not been in ages but it is the same chain so maybe slightly cheaper as a more 'downmarket' spot. If I remember correctly the Central one was 256 baht but, as posted by others, it has been boarded up for a few weeks - not sure if a refurb or moving as there was nothing posted on it last i looked.

As far as I know all the brand name places in malls are hotpot places where you take raw food from the conveyor belt (or from a display) and cook it at the table, either in soup or on a grill. Sushi, if there is any, is found separately on a side table.

The only exception I know of to the above is the robot place in Central which does (or did) actually do conveyor belt sushi.

Oishi in the Avenue has decent sushi, but even there I would only consider it as a small part of a meal. No conveyor belts.

The sushi at the Hilton buffet on Thursday and Friday is a step up from all of these, though the variety is limited as it comes from just one station and is part of a much larger buffet.

If you want proper sushi you should probably go to a Japanese restaurant.