July 21, 201511 yr Hi all. I am British and am applying for a retirement visa for the Philippines, as I have been here in Thailand for 12 years I need a Thai police clearance certificate, can anyone help me with this please. Edited July 26, 201511 yr by metisdead Bold font removed.
July 21, 201511 yr It's fully documented and I've done this recently, It would be handy if you have someone in Thailand to do the running back and forwards for you, I'll see if I can post the correct Royal Thai Police Force links for you shortly sir. the website is laughably broken right now, http://www.pcscenter.sb.police.go.th/eng/ But you can follow the .ca way, http://www.thaiembassy.ca/en/visiting-thailand/police-clearance-certificates Good Luck. Edited July 21, 201511 yr by phazey
July 21, 201511 yr Author It's fully documented and I've done this recently, It would be handy if you have someone in Thailand to do the running back and forwards for you, I'll see if I can post the correct Royal Thai Police Force links for you shortly sir. the website is laughably broken right now, http://www.pcscenter.sb.police.go.th/eng/ But you can follow the .ca way, http://www.thaiembassy.ca/en/visiting-thailand/police-clearance-certificates Good Luck. Thank you.
July 22, 201511 yr I did this a couple of years ago. Very simple, you have to either go to the CID office address on website and have your fingerprints taken. Or, like me contact the lawyer; link on the website and they did everything for me by email. I would recommend the later if like me you are not in Bangkok.
July 22, 201511 yr If you are in Bangkok, just go down to the RTP HQ in Chidlom. There's a whole section for this. The service is free, but it takes a while.
July 22, 201511 yr can people here on non-B multiple for many years get that too ? Or what are the requirements ?
July 22, 201511 yr can people here on non-B multiple for many years get that too ? Or what are the requirements ? You can get a police clearance. The website that I normally refer people to is down at the time so I cannot give you much info. The link was posted earlier. I suggest you try it later for info.
July 22, 201511 yr It's fully documented and I've done this recently, It would be handy if you have someone in Thailand to do the running back and forwards for you, I'll see if I can post the correct Royal Thai Police Force links for you shortly sir. the website is laughably broken right now, http://www.pcscenter.sb.police.go.th/eng/ But you can follow the .ca way, http://www.thaiembassy.ca/en/visiting-thailand/police-clearance-certificates Good Luck. An excellent helpful answer....good on ye.
July 22, 201511 yr If you are in Bangkok, just go down to the RTP HQ in Chidlom. There's a whole section for this. The service is free, but it takes a while. No, it is not free. It cost 100 baht if you do it in person or someone else helps you.........BIG MONEY! We are doing one right now for my fiance. Still waiting on the report. It's been 3 weeks, which is how long it is supposed to take. You can compare the instructions at the US Embassy in Bangkok to the Canada link the poster above gave. I didn't bother to see if they are the same, but two sources are always good. This link will immediately download a .PDF of the Police Clearance instructions. Naturally, your instructions are under the non-Thai section. http://photos.state.gov/libraries/thailand/591452/iv/thaipolicecert.pdf Edited July 22, 201511 yr by oneday
July 22, 201511 yr If you are in Bangkok, just go down to the RTP HQ in Chidlom. There's a whole section for this. The service is free, but it takes a while. No, it is not free. It cost 100 baht if you do it in person or someone else helps you.........BIG MONEY! We are doing one right now for my fiance. Still waiting on the report. It's been 3 weeks, which is how long it is supposed to take. You can compare the instructions at the US Embassy in Bangkok to the Canada link the poster above gave. I didn't bother to see if they are the same, but two sources are always good. This link will immediately download a .PDF of the Police Clearance instructions. Naturally, your instructions are under the non-Thai section. http://photos.state.gov/libraries/thailand/591452/iv/thaipolicecert.pdf I stand corrected. Neglected to mention that I did it a few years back, when it was indeed free.
July 22, 201511 yr Author I used a.lawyer last year.It was worth the money..because it was hassle free How much money are we talking about here to use a lawyer? Edited July 26, 201511 yr by metisdead Bold font removed.
July 23, 201511 yr I can,t remember exactly.4-5k baht.In my opinion it was money well spent.over and done with in no time
July 23, 201511 yr Author I can,t remember exactly.4-5k baht.In my opinion it was money well spent.over and done with in no time Thank you. Edited July 26, 201511 yr by metisdead Bold font removed.
July 26, 201511 yr I can,t remember exactly.4-5k baht.In my opinion it was money well spent.over and done with in no time Can you provide me with information about this lawyer? I need my clearance to apply for a student visa for spain and I don't have very much time.
July 27, 201511 yr I wish I was living in Thailand and could help the likes of all above... YOU DON'T NEED A LAWYER BUT A BIT OF PATIENCE (And from reading this most days, 99.99% of people on TV have lost that along with many other things)... Just go down there WITH YOUR PASSPORT... (if you want to save 4 Baht getting a photocopy of the main pages, then take your own otherwise they will tell you to 'Go to Bookshop to get copy' it's 2 minute’s walk and the girl knows exactly what you need... Then go back to the 'Service Centre' and they take care of everything... It costs 100 Baht and there are people to help you fill out all the forms etc... It took me about One & a half hours (And I only went there to get the necessary forms and what was needed next!!!) It takes about 4 weeks to get it processed (I thought it was only going to take 2 weeks) but they then offered me the opportunity to have it sent to my (UK) address for an extra 150 Baht (which I chose) or if you need it in a real hurry they will courier it for (what I thought was Paeng Maak - 1100'ish)... I'm hoping that by the time I get back to the UK, my self-addressed envelope (which they supplied) will not be too far from being a reality!!! All the Police staff down at the Service Centre were very polite and helpful and I wish to thank them for their assistance to my cause. I will post a follow up as to the final outcome in due course... p.s. Sorry to all you 3 to 4k types!!!!!
July 27, 201511 yr Author I wish I was living in Thailand and could help the likes of all above... YOU DON'T NEED A LAWYER BUT A BIT OF PATIENCE (And from reading this most days, 99.99% of people on TV have lost that along with many other things)... Just go down there WITH YOUR PASSPORT... (if you want to save 4 Baht getting a photocopy of the main pages, then take your own otherwise they will tell you to 'Go to Bookshop to get copy' it's 2 minute’s walk and the girl knows exactly what you need... Then go back to the 'Service Centre' and they take care of everything... It costs 100 Baht and there are people to help you fill out all the forms etc... It took me about One & a half hours (And I only went there to get the necessary forms and what was needed next!!!) It takes about 4 weeks to get it processed (I thought it was only going to take 2 weeks) but they then offered me the opportunity to have it sent to my (UK) address for an extra 150 Baht (which I chose) or if you need it in a real hurry they will courier it for (what I thought was Paeng Maak - 1100'ish)... I'm hoping that by the time I get back to the UK, my self-addressed envelope (which they supplied) will not be too far from being a reality!!! All the Police staff down at the Service Centre were very polite and helpful and I wish to thank them for their assistance to my cause. I will post a follow up as to the final outcome in due course... p.s. Sorry to all you 3 to 4k types!!!!! Thanks that sounds great, do they do the finger prints there also?
July 28, 201511 yr They will do the fingerprints. The website is now working http://www.pcscenter...lice.go.th/eng/
June 5, 201610 yr Hello, I'm trying to download the "Application for Police Clearance Certificate" from the aforementioned website so my wife can fill it out before she goes. But clicking on the link just opens what appears to be a download-related pop-up window... and nothing else happens. If anybody could provide the application .pdf or a functional link, that would be great.
June 6, 201610 yr FYI, although it is not on the list of documents that the US Embassy said would be required, the Thai Police additionally asked for a copy of my (the husband's) US passport.
July 9, 201610 yr Could anybody share their experience of obtaining Thai police clearance certificate by post from outside of Thailand? How long does it take to be delivered to Europe? I mean weeks or months? Did it work smoothly in your case? I hava a little doubt about documents to be provided by applicant listed in the checklist :. Document(s) stating that the applicant is used to work or reside in Thailand.All I have is my expired passport with Thai visas copies of which I required to submit as well. Can it cause troubles? Any comments would be highly appreciated.
July 26, 201610 yr Is it still possible to turn up at the RTP HQ in Chidlom with your passport and relevant photocopies to have this done? Do they take your fingerprints at the Service Center or would I need to get these done before travelling down to BKK? Is it all processed on the day but then wait 4 weeks for the clearance certificate to arrive at your address?
Create an account or sign in to comment