Kazakhstan fugitive arrested by Immigration Police in East Pattaya

webfact

He is wanted for alleged offences, so surely he is NOT a fugitive. He is simply someone who is accused of an offence and has yet to defend himself against those allegations.

Not right. When you are sought or wanted by police for questioning about a crime, or crimes, and you take action to avoid police, you are a fugitive from justice.

Wrong. If I was sought by police from a country with no real legal system and no human rights I'd be running too. Seems pretty logical

So regardless of the crimes he's alleged to have committed, it's ok by you for him to go on the lamb? Murder, sexual assault and theft, bit of a glory boy. Who really gives a toss, what about the rights of the victim's and their families? Don't they count, or do we just worry about the rights of this dear and the problems he may have to face. He knew full well what was coming, hence his fleeing the country.

Do we really need people of this quality residing here. Considering his alleged background and that his passport had expired, I wonder what sort of nefarious activities he was getting up to in order to maintain his living here?

Difficult to say. All we know is what we read or see. He is from Kazakhstan and he has been accused of these crimes. For all we know he has been set up, just like the 2 guys on Tao.

But perhaps you are right and he is the perpetrator. We can't condemn someone guilty just from what we read in a newspaper/website

He is wanted for alleged offences, so surely he is NOT a fugitive. He is simply someone who is accused of an offence and has yet to defend himself against those allegations.

So he therefore deserves to be extradited back to his home country and face the charges against him, whether guilty or not he went on the run it seems to evade charges brought against him, innocent people don't normally do a runner if innocent...Hey...I just love it when someone plays devils advocate...rolleyes.gif

Well, there are lot's of country's were innocent people would do a runner from the police,....The USA for example...!?!?!

the US Police has a excellent track record of shooting innocent people, specially if they are black...!!!

Presumably you are not American. You may not be aware that US police are shot at by people of many different races, and are trained to return fire if they feel threatened, maybe you would like them to shoot only white people. Quite what the relationship between a fugitive from Kazakhstan and US police is I don't know, perhaps you could explain.

You guessed it right , I am not a US citizen....lucky for me...!

DaveinAsia.

Quote>Difficult to say. All we know is what we read or see. He is from Kazakhstan and he has been accused of these crimes. For all we know he has been set up, just like the 2 guys on Tao.

But perhaps you are right and he is the perpetrator. We can't condemn someone guilty just from what we read in a newspaper/website<End quote

Everything said about this person is alleged, and yes, it was taken from newspaper reports. Sure, one cannot believe everything one reads but give me a break with the conspiracy theory, he may have been set up, do you really believe that? I don't even see a semblance to the other matter you mentioned so why did you? I didn't say he was the perpetrator, just a fugitive, he still has to front a court and be either convicted or exonerated, the result of which we may never know.

Of course he's presumed innocent, however, given his failure to renew his passport some months prior to it expiring may suggest he had reasons for taking this course of action, or was he just plain forgetful? I see your thoughts go out to a suspected criminal and think nothing for the families involved. So if he were found guilty, I suppose you will continue with the conspiracy theory and castigate the prosecution team, telling us all that he is a scapegoat? Or is it now that every time we see someone arrested for alleged crimes committed in their home country it may be that they're all being be set up by their respective police forces, governments and others whom we allude to of being involved?

DaveinAsia.

Quote>Difficult to say. All we know is what we read or see. He is from Kazakhstan and he has been accused of these crimes. For all we know he has been set up, just like the 2 guys on Tao.

But perhaps you are right and he is the perpetrator. We can't condemn someone guilty just from what we read in a newspaper/website<End quote

Everything said about this person is alleged, and yes, it was taken from newspaper reports. Sure, one cannot believe everything one reads but give me a break with the conspiracy theory, he may have been set up, do you really believe that? I don't even see a semblance to the other matter you mentioned so why did you? I didn't say he was the perpetrator, just a fugitive, he still has to front a court and be either convicted or exonerated, the result of which we may never know.

Of course he's presumed innocent, however, given his failure to renew his passport some months prior to it expiring may suggest he had reasons for taking this course of action, or was he just plain forgetful? I see your thoughts go out to a suspected criminal and think nothing for the families involved. So if he were found guilty, I suppose you will continue with the conspiracy theory and castigate the prosecution team, telling us all that he is a scapegoat? Or is it now that every time we see someone arrested for alleged crimes committed in their home country it may be that they're all being be set up by their respective police forces, governments and others whom we allude to of being involved?

Noted!

DaveinAsia.

Noted!

One word that has many meanings but I think there maybe a fair bit of sarcasm attached. Be honest yes or no?

Edited by Si Thea01