Going to Chiang mai

Eddy B

Hi all.

My wife wants to go to Chiang Mai over the long weekend at the end of this month which will be nice but it also falls on a Buddist holiday. I was wondering if any of you guys know if things are a little more relaxed there regarding alcohol sales in restaurants / ma and pa shops, obviously 7-11 are a no hoper. For me it would just suck to go somewhere for a short holiday and find I can't just buy a beer and relax, I mean that's the whole point of a holiday. This will be my first in nearly 3 years as I pretty much work 7 days a week.

You've picked a bad long weekend for your holiday as far as drink is concerned, The locals can usually find a place with the shutters down but not really much fun.

The big hotels, I think, are exempt but that is as good as it is likely to get.

Do the round a temples on Thursday and Friday and unleash on Saturday.

You've picked a bad long weekend for your holiday as far as drink is concerned, The locals can usually find a place with the shutters down but not really much fun.

The big hotels, I think, are exempt but that is as good as it is likely to get.

Do the round a temples on Thursday and Friday and unleash on Saturday.

Nailed it with "not really much fun."

If you look you will be able to find places selling bottles and maybe small quiet bars on less traveled sois where you can sit and drink. However the places with food, music, people and drinks will be missing the drinks, and probably the music and many of the people. Some places won't bother to open. It will be a quiet weekend.

Archived