Leaving Thailand... Need To Break True Contracts

ianpants69

I have decided that I'll be leaving Thailand as a result of the visa regulation changes and therefore I'll need to cancel my True phone and internet. True says that this will cost me 5000 baht... who is realy liable? After all without the change in regulations I wouldn'y have to leave, does this nullify the contract?

Any thoughts???

I have decided that I'll be leaving Thailand as a result of the visa regulation changes and therefore I'll need to cancel my True phone and internet. True says that this will cost me 5000 baht... who is realy liable? After all without the change in regulations I wouldn'y have to leave, does this nullify the contract?

Any thoughts???

Playing devil's advocate here... um... just leave?

What are they gonna do, phone Interpol and the FBI?

:o

Unless the contract is in your Thai gf's name or a Thai friend's, in that case, just pay, it's 5000 baht, not exactly the end of the world.

You can also say that the internet has been down too much, which is always true in Thailand, or go to the office and make a big "stupid farang loses face" kind of scene then they might let you off just to not have to deal with you.

Edit: Whining about visa changes certainly won't get you out of this. That's not TRUE's fault, either.

Edited by nikster

How long have you had the contract for? I believe that you have to sign up for a minimum of 6 months i believe. I am also leaving, but not because of the visa laws. I will be going in next week to cancel my service and pay an outstanding bills.

Edited by Jockstar

Any thoughts???

:D

Unless the contract is in your Thai gf's name or a Thai friend's, in that case, just pay, it's 5000 baht, not exactly the end of the world.

You can also say that the internet has been down too much, which is always true in Thailand, or go to the office and make a big "stupid farang loses face" kind of scene then they might let you off just to not have to deal with you.

Edit: Whining about visa changes certainly won't get you out of this. That's not TRUE's fault, either.

I don't believe I am whining, so piss off. :o

Edited by ianpants69

Any thoughts???

:D

I don't believe I am whining, so piss off. :o

Then honor the terms of your contract and move on :D

...I'll need to cancel my True phone and internet. True says that this will cost me 5000 baht... ....

Call them and tell them you are moving to Srisaket, Ubon, Surin, or Kalasin and you want to re-locate the phone and internet there.

As True don't have any service there and they are supposed to, they cannot honor their part of the agreement with TOT. For all the Cassandra's there read the contract between True and TOT before commenting - I have and they were supposed to have service in all of Thailand last year.

That way you can legally walk away from the contract.

...I'll need to cancel my True phone and internet. True says that this will cost me 5000 baht... ....

Call them and tell them you are moving to Srisaket, Ubon, Surin, or Kalasin and you want to re-locate the phone and internet there.

As True don't have any service there and they are supposed to, they cannot honor their part of the agreement with TOT. For all the Cassandra's there read the contract between True and TOT before commenting - I have and they were supposed to have service in all of Thailand last year.

Ummm no that is Fraud .... notlegal

Ummm no that is Fraud .... notlegal

Not necessarily.

He might have been moving there and changed his mind at the last minute. :o

• 3 weeks later...

Maybe it's just me but why is everyone concerned with the law of contract here?

We are in thailand and lets face it they are the first to stiff us so stiff them back.

If you are leaving, then just leave as the wheels turn slowly here and the chances of them and immigration getting together on this to thwart your departure or future re-entry are nil so why worry about it.

Will the last farang please turn the light off on the way out.