Continued development in Phetchabun

stoneyboy

Lots going on in the town as ever.

Any ideas on the construction next to Toyota ?

I'm told more accommodation we shall see.

Any updates on the Central Plaza long touted here on TV,I see nothing.

The continued construction next to lotus ?

And in front left of the motorbike parking ?

It's as exciting as it gets I'm afraid.

Rumors on constructions have been pretty unreliable, more like guesses. The most reliable indicator is just watch what springs up in Phitsanulok then a bit smaller version follows in Phetchabun in a few years. So Central or Tesco Lotus Extra would seem next in line. Further astream, they are building a new shopping mall in Phitsanulok called "The Mall" which is a chain found in Bangkok and elsewhere.

Rumors on constructions have been pretty unreliable, more like guesses. The most reliable indicator is just watch what springs up in Phitsanulok then a bit smaller version follows in Phetchabun in a few years. So Central or Tesco Lotus Extra would seem next in line. Further astream, they are building a new shopping mall in Phitsanulok called "The Mall" which is a chain found in Bangkok and elsewhere.

That's interesting I don't mind a ride over to Phitsanulok especially as the road route 12 is nearing completion it's much quicker now.

That said the quality of western items in Tops Central has took a dive but the Tesco Extra is upping their game.

Another notable place absent from Phetchabun so far is Index. And by the way a new Makro in Phitsanulok is nearing completion. It's right on the main road near that first indo jeen intersection.

Tops can be really hard to find things and asking the staff is usually fruitless. Gotta go through there patiently and look at all the racks, not forgetting fronts and backs. I am pretty impressed with what you can get there and prices aren't that bad. Really nice place to have around.

Yes, that new 4 lane road is superb. It was just terribly dangerous and slow before. It's cut 20 minutes off that run for me and it's just so much easier and less stressful.

The big new thing near Dong Kwang between Lomsak and Petchebun is the new gas station with 7/11. The wife was so excited to see 7/11 open near where she grew up. Now Dong Kwang people can go 7 whenever they want.

My missus was over the moon when they opened a 7/11 in our village a few years ago. biggrin.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived